Chic-Fil-A

I see Chic-fil-A has a digital recipe book, just 4 you!

1 Like

Not available on Sundays.
:wink:

2 Likes

Take chicken breast, brine in pickle juice overnight, drain and dry breast, and season with one cup of salt. Bread, fry

3 Likes

I think their ‘special’ cookbook is how to make ‘dishes’ using their ‘brined, salted and fried’ bok bok strips. I wonder if the Colonel even put out a cook book that involved his multitude ‘herbs and spices’.

OMG, please tell me they really call them bok bok strips on their menu. If not, they need to be renamed. I would also like the signature bok bok sandwich to be renamed.

1 Like

Oh, that’s just my chicken imitation. I dunno if bok bok means anything else

1 Like

That’s what I took it as, but it would be so funny to hear everyone saying bok bok when they order there. :joy:

Yeah, it’s a Friday night, after a very busy work week.

1 Like

Especially at the drive thru​:smiley::smiley:!

Just in case 

3 Likes

When I travel to the ‘big city’ pop. 25,000± ( it is a large transient/long term visitor population) a few times a week, I pass by the Chic-fil-A franchise. Always the drive thru has 15 or so vehicles in two lines each, no matter the time of day. One day earlier this week about 11 am there were NO cars in line. Nada. It was not a Sunday. The place is always jammed and I would hazard a guess it is the #1 drive through fast joint in the area.
Unexpected closure? Tragic.

Freaky!

I take it that you are not a fan? Have you had it?

Growing up Chik-Fil-a was always a favorite. After I left home, I really missed it. Every trip home, I would swing by a store on the way home to see my parents from the airport and again leaving to go back to the airport. I found out that many others who lived in NYC and grew up on it would do the same. When the first store opened in NYC it was mobbed for months. The lines went down the block. I used to send junior analysts to stand in line and pick up lunch for the group. The number of Yankees who had never had it and were converted on their first taste was amusing to us southerners.

1 Like

There are lines here in MA for them too, and I don’t get it. It’s an ok sandwich to me, but 1000% too salty. Everyone kept telling me I would get addicted if I tried it, so I tried it 3 times, thinking maybe something was just off the first 2x. Got one freshly made, and still had the same result. It wasn’t bad tasting, but reaching to gulp down something to drink even hours after the meal because it was so salty is what I remember.

It’s not just Chic-Fil-A too. I heard this hype about Raising Cane and finally tried that 2 weeks ago. The chicken strips are nicely tender, but they are pretty bland, and I didn’t like the dipping sauce. Thankfully not overly salty though.

2 Likes

I never think of fried chicken as anything other than high sodium. What fried chicken sandwich do you like? Like chicken soup, it doesn’t taste like much without unhealthy amount of salt. I did a quick look at nutrition info and compared chik-fil-a to Popeye’s, McDonald’s and Shake Shack. They’re all high and have more than 50% of the max daily amount of sodium you are supposed to consume but didn’t see any material difference between them. Some higher and some lower but all too high for regular consumption. Did notice that the spicy chicken does have much higher sodium than the original. I am not a fan of the spicy and now that I think about it it may be that spicy is too salty.

I tried it exactly once on the recommendation of my students. Tasty enough, but I’ve never been back.

I think that’s the thing - I don’t love fried chicken sandwiches, but I love fried chicken. The only fried chicken sandwiches I have enjoyed were at sit down restaurants, and not fast food joints.

And I really enjoy a lot of foods that are pretty salty, but the CFA one is particularly salty for me. When I indulge in Popeyes fried chicken for example, I don’t stay thirsty for the rest of the afternoon.

3 Likes