Chennai Grill, South Indian and Chettinad food in Dublin, CA.

I really like this place. It’s an order at the counter and they bring your food sort of place. They do a pretty good job at this complex cuisine. My joke is that with Chettinad seasoning, you could make a rubber band come out tasty. The portions are a little more generous than at Malaikottai in Fremont and not quite as deft in their balance but less expensive and more. They serve dosas, uthappams, biryanis, curries, and nans. I have tried the Andhara spicy dosa, $7.49 - very nicely done and not that spicy - this is not like Thai or some chile driven Mexican dishes; the Vijayawada Special Goat Biryani, $11.99 -the rice is excellent and addictive; and Chicken Chettinad, $8.99 -its really complex with cinnamon, garlic, coriander, curry leaves, black pepper, chiles, cardamom (I think), coconut. Its a wonderful dish.and started me on a cooking Chettinad curries jag. www.chennaigrill.com 7150 Village Parkway, Dublin, CA. 94568 925-235-3672 Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. No alcohol. I liked the Madras Coffee, kind of showy but good flavor.

1 Like

Thanks for the report ! I love me some chettinad too - I don’t get out to Dublin that much, but when I do I’ll have a spot to visit.

If you’ve been, how would you compare Chennai Grill to Anjappar Chettinad ( milpitas) or Aachi Aapakadi (Sunnyvale) ? As those are nearer to me they’re in somewhat high rotation.