Chengdu Taste, Pawtucket RI

This is a pretty nondescript looking place on Main St in Pawtucket, but the menu has lots of Szechuan dishes and a first try made it seem worthy of further exploration. Since I went with someone who doesn’t really like spice all I got to try were the Dan Dan Noodles Cheng Du Style (which were really good, tons of heat, tasty as hell) and the Spicy Rabbit from the specials board, also really good and loaded with chiles. Steamed vegetable dumplings tasted good but were a little cold in the middle–though this may have to do with the fact that we went over the weekend during that brutal cold snap and the dining room was freezing. (We sat next to the thermostat, and it was reading 55 when we got there!).

Dining room (which is small) was packed for lunch though, with not a lot of English being spoken and plenty of interesting looking dishes coming out. Owner was very welcoming, too. I may wait for it to get a little warmer before going back, but would like to try out some more of the specialties. Worth a look.

http://www.chengdutastepawtucket.com/

2 Likes

We have boring Chinese restaurants around here, PT, and the take-away places are worse, IMO. You’re lucky. The Szechuan menu at Chengdu Taste does look promising. Guess your dining companion will just have to cut you some slack.

haha, she cuts me lots of slack! I just want her to not order boring soup so I can try something else interesting from the menu!

1 Like

Interesting. Time for a group dinner in the spring. Hopefully Hungry Onion won’t have absurd rules about how we shouldn’t discuss that on the board.

2 Likes

A Hungry Onion Away! has great potential.

This might be an excellent venue.

2 Likes

The horror of a food community discussing an actual get-together to eat will absolutely not be tolerated!!! RAWRR!!

3 Likes

The horror of a food community discussing an actual get-together to eat will absolutely not be tolerated!!! RAWRR!!

haha, you lie! the Houston board does it all the time! :wink:

2 Likes