Chengdu 1 Palace, Green Brook

Happy b day Mrs P! Glad to hear you guys got some of that great lobster!

1 Like

Thanks Johnny! We never get tired of that lobster :slightly_smiling_face:

We made our monthly trip to our favorite Szechuan restaurant and ordered the PSTO food. We have enough leftovers for two more dinners. Between this and Drew’s we have enough leftovers to last us until Thanksgiving. Besides the usually awesome hot and spicy lobster, hot and spicy jumbo prawns, tender stir fried lamb, ants climbing a tree, and spicy baby wontons in chili oil, we tried spicy 3 pepper chicken which was excellent. It consisted of very tender juicy spicy pieces of chicken. We had asked Jessica our regular server (who is now a part owner) to ask the chef to make the dishes spicy like the way the old chef used to make it when they were in Cedar Grove. The new chef had been light on the spices. This was much better. It all went great with a 98 point Primitivo.

6 Likes

Lighting in this picture is…unique.

That was the reflection of the neon lights in the chili oil.

That’s how the spice makes your mouth feel!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I made the 1 1/2 hour round trip to Chengdu 1 Palace for excellent takeout. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

1 Like

We enjoyed an excellent feast indoors at Chengdu 1 Palace for the first time in 7 months. I have ordered takeout several times since then but it’s not the same as eating something that is made fresh and hot. We had a whole section of the huge restaurant all to ourselves for the entire meal. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.

4 Likes
1 Like

Finally made it here, lamb, fish, lobsters, all absolutely incredible.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Cheers to Mrs. P!!

2 Likes

Thanks @CurlzNJ !

1 Like

I’m ashamed to say I’ve been loving within like 10 mins of this place for like 5 months now and this is my first visit. Got the spicy niu rou mian (beef noodle soup) and cold brisket and tripe. Bonus broccoli pickle. It’s great! The broth is super hearty, I could use a little more spice but I imagine this is sufficient for most. Hope to be back to try other items.

6 Likes

@CurlzNJ and I were just talking about this place. I’ve never been and need to make a trip north.

1 Like

@joonjoon This is my favorite Szechuan!!! I can’t believe you live that close. Now I’m jealous!

Yes, WE do. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m ready any time!

1 Like

Sounds like we need another dinner date :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

YESSSSSSSSSS! We sure do

1 Like