Chef Jose Adres snubbed at Cafe Milano after party

I don’t care whos party this was … Jose, who is Spanish as many of you know, personifies what a true American hero is and thus should be treated as one!
There is a very good NYT article but I didn’t link because of paywall

Sounds like he was being a brat and acted a bit brash.

"“In Washington,” Andrés said in an interview, “when you have these parties, everybody knows if you have an after-party, you are going in.”

This particular after-party operated differently, however. According to Nuschese, who has hosted a post-Alfalfa dinner soiree at his restaurant for the past nine years, “not everyone gets invited.” The event is billed as a small affair of 150 boldfacers to avoid a mob scene.

After being denied entry into the party just before 11 p.m., Andrés, who by his own admission knew his name wasn’t on the list, was incredulous. "
Washington Post

I understand, but stand by my original statement!

Here’s an article without a paywall. I also think Andres has done some wonderful things, but this tantrum wasn’t one of them.

I read this article … I think it’s BS! I continue to stand by my original statement too!

(Doo B. Wah) #6

“Don’t you know who I am?”

This was my thought exactly.

It doesn’t matter who you are, or how much good or bad you’ve done. If you aren’t invited, you aren’t invited.

I’m a big fan of his. I think he behaved poorly in the moment here and was wrong. From what I can gather it seems he recognizes this as well, apologized to relevant parties, and has done his mia culpa. Hope it doesn’t become a pattern.

I’m coming from a completely different place
" Don’t you know who I am"
Of course they did, and it didn’t mean a thing to "them"
The guy should have cart blanche, considering what he has
done for the American people … he was snubbed, it could have been
corrected in the moment and it wasn’t.
This is only my opinion

(Doo B. Wah) #10

Respectfully, we don’t have royalty in this country. No one is automatically admitted anywhere they want just because of who they are. (Well maybe Oprah.)

That said, it was purportedly just a mistake. It happens.

Agree to disagree in this case

So your position is that Andres, because he did some good stuff, is entitled to stroll uninvited into any event, anywhere, anytime? I don’t think even he would agree with you.

No, those are your words not mine, that is not what I mean. I don’t care to explain my feelings about this issue any longer or further!

What is up with you … please there is no need to try to insult me
give it a rest
I said I don’t want to discuss my intent any further with you
I stand by my statements … that is all