Ceviche House- Red Bank

Stopped into Ceviche House in Red Bank this evening to give it a try, and was glad I did.
Peruvians are very proud of their cuisine and this was no exception. Server was very knowledgeable and pleasant, management as well. Rooting for them but they probably don’t need it as the dishes were very flavorful.

Anticucho got good marks from GF and she put down most of it. I tried it again, along with our guest who enjoyed it more than I. It’s OK to me. Nice Rocoto sauce.

Seco de Res Norteno was Braised Beef with Beans and Rice and tasty sauce. I am a sucker for these types of beans and don’t want to know what is in them.

The mixed Seafood Grill was really good. This came with Snapper, Shrimp, Calamari, Octopus pieces, Scallop, Mussel along with Potato, Onion and Pepper. Nice presentation with whole fish and shrimp skewers.

Ceviche Power comes with Mahi, Grilled Shrimp skewer and Calamari. No Tilapia or Basa here as all Ceviche is made with Mahi, nice. Calamari very tender, all Shrimp good texture and flavor, Ceviche tasty but I had to add the Rocoto sauce to hit that spot.
This dish literally came out on fire with the scallop shell on plate filled with a combustible, striking.

Atmosphere a bit lacking IMO and table configuration could use some help but otherwise will be back. Tasty stuff and nice people. Recommend.

There was also a Flan chocolate cake that got good reviews from GF and guest but didn’t try.

8 Likes

Thanks!! We walked by last week and I think your post solidified we will try it tonight for dinner!

1 Like

Nice, enjoy.
One oddity was the inclusion of tax to each menu item rather than the total. Threw me off a bit and as far as I could tell no fee for cards.
Heading to Mar Belo tonight for company holiday party. Dangerous open bar but fortunately we only live 2 min away and Uber shouldn’t be too bad.

4 Likes

Deleted this by accident and don’t know how to reverse.

We had a really tasty dinner last night here! Barely any pics but my husband got a whole snapper which was AMAZING. I got ceviche with mixed seafood (delicious), we split beef empanadas (light, not greasy at all, lots of flavor). Definitely will be back. And not exactly a cheap meal but totally reasonable (IMO). I think post tip we were about $100 (and included a kids pasta). Seating set up is a little weird and you should make a reservation. We saw a few groups get turned away! BYOB

9 Likes

Last night somehow snagged a 7 PM reservation for tonight.
Complimentary white sangria was served.
Had the Leche de Tigre followed by the Jalea, fried Mixed Seafood, which was tasty with Calamari, Shrimp, Crab, Scallop in shell, Mussel, and Fish. Also a Chicken Chifa to go.
They did serve larger crab, which helped me in figuring out how to best attack it when I come across it.
Ceviches and Leche de Tigre are delicious here and if you ask for it muy pica (very spicy) you will get it like that.
Still figuring out best way to order but you cannot go wrong with any Ceviche.

5 Likes