Cautionary tale (SF, mid-Market)

was checking out a sushi place i hadn’t been to, Shido (Market/ 13th). I sat at the sushi bar, ordered a couple orders of sushi, ate them. While watching the chef, i noticed that there didn’t seem to be any frost on the cooling coils of the glass sushi case. I asked him about it, he made a surprised sound and flipped a switch inside the case to turn on the refrigeration. He said that my fish came from the other case, which was refrigerated. They then removed all the fish from the case that had been unrefrigerated. I’m not sure whether they threw it out or not. I notice he did save some fish on the side, which may have been toro. Does it matter if one eats sushi which has been outside of the refrigerator for a while? Maybe, maybe not. I will be avoiding that place for at least a while. PS. the food was otherwise good and prices were low.

1 Like

Small geographical quibble: there is no 13th (street or avenue; the former is replaced by Division, and the latter by Funston). Looks like Shido is at Market & Brady.

1 Like

i guess whoever named the streets was superstitious :wink:

I think that’s it exactly. Weird, but as a result we have our own unique math here in which Funston minus Arguello = 12.

1 Like