Catania & Taormina April 2023

I found this site as I was preparing to head off on my trip and thought I would give back. Delayed timing, but here it is!

For Catania, posts here led me to Pasticceria Savia which was reasonably close to my B&B. I found myself there a couple of times for breakfast (granita & brioche anyone?). Me Cumpari Turiddu was about a 3 minute walk from the B&B and an excellent destination for dinner.

Pasticceria Savia:
Brioche & Granita (Mandorla/Pistacchio)

Quadratini con fregola
Trancio di cassata
Cannolo

Me Compari Turiddu:
Assortment of breads,
Fennell & Orange Salad (I’ve had better versions, this one felt slapped together)
Spaghetti w/anchovies, olives, garlic, tomato, capers & bread crumbs, and to finish Scannolo

In Taormina, with the exception of Tischi Toschi which was recommended by a colleague, all of my recs came from my hotel. First dinner was at Ristorante Rosmarino. Oh my! Excellent meal. Tischi Toschi was my destination for lunch the following day.
Dinner that evening was at Da Nina, conveniently located a couple of minutes from my hotel, and I was back there again the next day for a long lunch as it was foggy, raining and cold (perfect for comfort food!)

My final dinner was at Ristorante Tiramisu. I didn’t enjoy it. Maybe the pizza is better?

Ristorante Rosmarino:
Ricotta Fritters
Grouper & wild fennell tagliolini w/toasted breadcrumbs
Fennel & orange salad w/capers (much better version!)
Vanilla panna cotta, strawberries & basil sugar
Amaro & biscotti

Tischi Toschi:
Insalata d’arance
Taglietelle ai Carciofi
Ricotta Cunzata

Add images here

Trattoria Da Nino:
Insalata di pomodoro
Tagliatelle con ragu
Tiramisu

11 Likes

So many pics! Thanks.

Thank for the report and great pics! I thought the orange and fennel salad at Ma Cumpari Turiddu was minimal too - and a huge serving for one person. I felt guilty not working my way through the whole thing!