Casual dinners and groceries in Bar Harbor

So my husband convinced me to take route 1 down to our next stop (Ogunquit) so we can go to Oxbow. We will be in Rockland area by lunch. Can go one direction or the other too if it’s worth it but not more than a couple minutes off route 1. I have Archer’s in Rockland starred on my map. Looking for lobster and seafood, preferably outside. This is for today… Last minute I know.

Great mouthwatering pic! What else needs to be said? By the way, where was that?

I don’t know what they do to the roll but it is so crispy and buttery and melts in your mouth all at the same time. The blueberry mojito pictured was delicious as well.

Is that Beals? So good!

Wow…tasty looking pic! I’d recommend barnacle billy’s lobster roll in Perkins cove (ogunquit)

Yes it is a touristy place but it is tranquil and friendly. It is on the water and I’ve always had a good time there. For a spot with a nice view and spacious seating, they surprisingly make a really nice lobster roll. There are other spots, but for a solid meal with some scenery, I like this joint . Yes you will pay a few extra bucks for “water view tax” but I feel it is worth it. Let us know where you decide. I hope you have a nice day :slight_smile:

Yes! We loved Beal’s!!!

We’ve been to barnacle Billy’s and will likely return. Has anyone been to Ogunquit Lobster pound a little north of downtown? We are staying up that way and it’s close by. Tonight we have reservations at 50 local in Kennebunk.

We are going to stop in Rockland at Claw’s, Oxbow brewing in Newcastle, and Gelato Fiasco in Brunswick.

We were not crazy about the Lobster Pound but that was a few years ago. Check out Chauncey Creek in Kittery Point. Not too far from Ogunquit.
It a bring your own, food and/or alcohol. As long as they don’t sell it there.
It might be a good choice for a departure lunch if you are heading out tomorrow.

http://www.chaunceycreek.com/

1 Like

Probably too much of a detour for today, but for a future trip I suggest Downeast Ice Cream in Boothbay Harbor. The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay are also worth a visit.

I’ve found Gelato Fiasco to be somewhat hipster-trendy and prefer Gorgeous Gelato (in Portland) but other folks disagree. I’m assuming that the gelato at Maple’s in Yarmouth is still good now that they’re a bakery too. I certainly enjoyed it in past when it was their main (pun not intended) product.

2 Likes

I am with you: We’re big fans of Gorgeous Gelato. Not so much Gelato Fiasco. Gorgeous Gelato, unfortunately, has just the one shop in Portland though it looks like you may find GG at some restaurants and grocery stores: http://www.gorgeousgelato.com/locations/

If you are a gelato lover, GG would be a good stop on a future trip. I say this as someone who has probably eaten her weight in gelato here and in Italy. :wink:

Stonewall Kitchen in York has a darn good restaurant. Love their Lobster BLT. One could feed two…