Canned Wine Competition

1 Like

They look really nice! I have the only question. I have a wine cooler like one from this list with wide shelfs. Is it ok to keep them together with ordinary bottles? And also I wonder if it is possible to keep them together at the same time using regular temperature for wine in glass bottles? I mean, these materials keep temperature in different ways.

Neither glass nor aluminum generates  (nor literally absorbs) heat, so the target temperature would be the same (the situation is analogous to the old riddle, “which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?”:wink: ). But your cooler’s ability to keep a steady temperature could be an issue for smaller cans of wine, at least theoretically, since they’d change  temperature more quickly than larger glass bottles. But the larger glass bottles should help maintain an overall even temperature in the cooler even if it cycles on and off fairly often, though realistically I don’t know how big a difference that would make - it would depend, among other things, on how big and how well insulated the cooler is. Also, unless the temperature inside the coolr fluctuates enough, often enough, to be a problem no matter what the wine’s contained in, I think it would take a long time to show any noticeable difference.

But, again at least in theory, if you want to minimize any difference, storing the cans toward the middle, surrounded by the larger bottles, should help keep the temperature of the cans as steady as possible…

1 Like