Can we add NYC suburbs?

Hi - happy to join this new site. I was wondering - there is a board for NYC and the boroughs, but can we include, or have a board for the burbs? Westchester, nearby CT, Long Island?

It’s a great idea in concept, but we never had enough activity to warrant a LI board on CH, and not nearly as much activity here yet, either. I dunno about CT and Westchester. How many of you are there?

I don’t know. The board was very active on CH. I

That would be very useful to those of us who discuss restaurants in the Westchester area, which does have several active dining scenes. But it never seemed to warrant its own board by CH standards. Lumping all of the northern and eastern (LI) suburbs together on one board doesn’t really make sense, considering how we actually live and travel here. It makes more sense to lump LI, Bklyn, Queens, SI and Southern CT together and designate Manhattan, Bronx, Wchester and North Jersey as a separate area. Thus, the Tristate Board was born. It worked ok, I guess. And then it went away. Personally, I don’t think that having a NYS board makes any sense. There are so many different cultures, terrains and ways of life between the Bronx and Canadian borders, never mind western NY, which is closer to Detroit than it is to Manhattan. But there is no perfect solution, I’m afraid.

Does this board work?
http://www.hungryonion.org/c/regions/rest-of-new-york-connecticut

I know you are asking for a narrower definition. In reality, no one is really posting about upstate new york so the board really is the area around NYC.

I live in Northern Westchester and go to Southern CT quite a bit. Rarely to the boroughs and would rather not be lumped with them. I agree that upstate NY makes no sense for us or them.

UGH - I replied in the email. Creature of habit!
This board works for me if we can not include the whole rest of NY. Discussions of restaurants in Albany and Buffalo have no relevance to us. Is that possible?

Forgive me but I’m new to this site- should I somehow be starting the new board via the link you sent?

sure please start with that one first. in time if there is enough traffic on either side, I will split them. Right now we have neither NYC burbs nor upstate NY traffic so you can just ‘claim’ this board as your turf!

Sorry to be so dense - how do I replace the wording to let people know what the board is about? I can’t just type over it. Do I add linked post? Thanks!

which post, the board description post? that one is not editable by everyone. u can tell me what you want to say and i will add.

[quote=“hungryonion, post:5, topic:1062”]
http://www.hungryonion.org/c/regions/rest-of-new-york-connecticut

I know you are asking for a narrower definition. In reality, no one is really posting about upstate new york so the board really is the area around NYC.
[/quote

The one we discussed above - to be NYC suburbs and CT - should we define it or should I just add a post to start it?