Can I load all comments at once?

I find it annoying to have to scroll down repeatedly to load all the comments for a discussion. This was one of the things I liked about the old CH, you could load all the comments at once. I.e., can’t stand when the scrollbar lies to me. Is there any way to disable this feature?

(Also, the old CH was super quick if I disabled “JavaScript” in my web browser, but I guess that’s a thing of the past.)

I was wondering that too.

Trying again

Ok, I got the site to function with JavaScript disabled, which is a huge plus (updated my browser). Sadly, still can’t get all replies to load at once.

The forum platform developers implemented ‘infinite scrolling’ as a feature. Part of the cons is of course not all the comments load at the same time. With that said, unlike other infinite scrolling on other sites, this one has a progress box at the right hand bottom corner that orients you where you are in the thread.

Not perfect, but at least you know how much longer the thread goes on when you scroll. Hope this helps.

What I like most about CH’s “See all” is before boarding a flight I can load up a bunch of discussions on my phone with relative ease and then read them later while in the air. With hungryonion, I have to keep scrolling again and again till I reach he bottom for every discussion I want to pre-load.