Calf liver

That looks good to me. If I can only convince the wife to not overcook it. Next challenge is to get my kids to like it and not as a punishment. I may to settle for just a liverwurst sandwich :grin:

1 Like

The longer you cook liver(s), the stronger in flavor it gets. I can’t eat well done liver.

2 Likes

Grilled lambs liver wasa regular meal when I was a child. Mum was of the postwar generation that believed that it was impossible to undercook food. In consequence, she’d cook the liver so long that it would become a bit crispy. It was a revelation when, in later years, I realised how nice it is when lightly cooked.

3 Likes

Liver, and other Ofal meats have been making a comeback for quite some time.

Manitas (pig´s feet), calves liver, tripe both veal and pork, amongst others are classic traditions here in Spain. Tripe in a hot smoked paprika salsa is a common tapa here …

In Korea we eat beef liver raw! It’s unbelievably delicious, has a very distinct sharpness in the texture and is incredibly sweet, almost to the poing where you wonder if there is sugar in it.

It’s typically served with raw tripe and dipped into sesame oil salt. It’s one of my favorite things ever that you can’t really get in the US.

3 Likes

Is curbside pickup not common in the UK?

Raw liver and tripe is one of our outstanding eats of Korea. Such clean taste, springy snap, uniquely beefy flavors that you don’t get from a grilled beefsteak. We had it at a hole in the wall that didn’t appear to serve any cooked food. Okay by us!

Only other place we had raw liver was in Japan. It was so good, we HAD to order seconds.

1 Like

Yass GG that place looks awesome!!

Some places will also serve the spinal cord as well. I haven’t had this one yet but I really want to try!!

2 Likes

While I won’t eat the Beondegi (discussed in the thread) I would definitely try raw beef liver. I’m just weird that way. Is it something available around us - by that I mean NJ in general not Monmouth county in particular.

I just wasn’t sure how fresh it would be and if it’s ok to consume raw. Thinking about it you should at least be able to cut a layer off the outside and eat it raw if it is fresh from the market. Let’s try it!

Totally get what you’re saying about beondegi. Raw liver is delicious, the bug is way not as tasty. :slight_smile:

Definitely not.

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I thought. So much meat is gassed so the color holds but you really don;t have any idea how old it really is.