"Cafe N'One" - A worthy replacement for Shiso Tree's Japanese style pasta....and more!!

For those of you who missed the uniquely different and tasty Japanese style pasta from the now defunct ’ Shiso Tree ’ inside J-Town. Cafe N ’ One offers some splendid tasting alternatives of their own. However, to me, their main attraction are their range of ’ Wiggly Japanese Souffle Pancake '…Light, super fluffy not too sweet and oozing with eggy creaminess…talk about ’ Heavenly desserts '!!

Today, braving an unexpected late Spring snow storm, we had a most enjoyable lunch here ordering the following:

House salad with Japanese ginger, sesame dressing

Wafu Carbonara - Thick cut smoked bacon, garlic, onion, Parmigiano Reggiano, Onsen egg, Japanese Nori seasoning, Spaghetti, Garlic bread.

Beef Saikiro Sirloin - Seared Beef cubes, Carrot, Green Onion, Onion, Japanese Nori Dressing, Sukiyaki sauce, Garlic bread

Pork Belly Croissant - Pork Kakuni, Pickled red cabbage, Pickled Daikon, Cilantro, Miso Honey Mustard, buttered Croissant. Side salad and fingerling potatoes

Wiggly Chocolate/Creme Brulee Japanese Souffle Pancake

BTW, the Black Sesame Coffee was most interesting!..tasting like a Chinese Black Sesame dessert soup with added cream!

The delicious and well seasoned pastas were served al-dente, piping hot and full of ’ wok-hay ’ goodness. The souffle pancake?!..Wow! and Yummm!!

A most enjoyable modern yet rustic luncheon experience!
IMG_00321

3 Likes

Nice report and absolutely gorgeous photos! It would be super helpful if you told us where (what city/town) this is!

Oops! Sorry!! New to this fraternity…still finding my way around!!

Address is:
strong text
8366 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, Ontario, L3R 2N8
Tel: 905 604 8511

2 Likes

I’ll add that Markham is a part of the Greater Toronto Area, so it gets caught by the search. :slight_smile:

@THECHARLES super helpful to keep [Toronto] in the subject line :slight_smile:

Little Pebbles Japanese Bakery on Baldwin in Kensington Market also serves a Black Sesame latte! Pretty sweet, though.

The iced latte at Little Pebbles (I’ve had the hot one)

I think I have also seen Black Sesame Latte on the menu at Fuwa Fuwa Soufflé Pancakes.

The coffee menu at Fuwa Fuwa

3 Likes

Take a look at this! Most sophisticated looking Black Sesame dessert I have come across in the GTA if not whole of Canada!!! Simply Gorgeous!!

3 Likes