Build Your homemade Pizza, revisited

I can never get my yolks to stay runny! How long do you keep the pizza in the oven?

I can’t either. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

As you can see from the picture, the egg was overcooked. The cookbook said 3-5 mins, I think it’s way too long.
Now I fry the eggs, then slide on top the pizza. Added bonus, I add two eggs instead of one. It’s not as photogenic, but it’s tastier.

Oh, I couldn’t tell from the picture. My mind wanted it to be runny, I guess.

Love those carbs. LOL. I’ve been leaning towards flatbread pizza for quite some time. Much prefer sliced fresh tomatoes rather than sugary tomato sauce. Veggie pizzas are my favorite, or a salad topped Pizza. The warm baked crust pairs nicely with a chilled salad. Came across an everything bagel pizza which is really terrific. You can find it on the web or I’ll try to post a link. Kind of reminds me of Wolfgang Puck’s Pizza, with cream cheese, lox, red onion and capers, and a bit of caviar.

Sounds wonderful. Thankfully carbs are something I can enjoy as long as I watch the entire ingredient list. I ask alot of questions to keep on track.

I enjoy salad pizzas and Im one of the few in my tribe that craves vegetables at every meal.

Pizza…play on!

I keep threatening to make pizza in a slow cooker/crock pot (yes there is such a thing LOL), or sheet pan pizza.

1 Like

I hosted a “pizza party” for my sister, BIL and two young nieces last weekend - I made my usual 72-hour slow fermented levain dough, tomato sauce, roasted garlic white sauce and set out a bunch of toppings so everyone could top their own. My BIL’s creation was a winner - tomato sauce, lots of cheese, spicy Italian sausage crumbles (this brand was REALLY spicy, even for a devoted chile lover like me), sauteed mushrooms and diced sweet orange bell peppers. My dough makes a quick-cooking pizza - just six minutes on a preheated cast iron pizza “steel,” so the peppers retained their fresh crunch which contrasted nicely with the soft mushrooms and general cheesy goodness. Pepperoni, caramelized onion and green olive is my usual favorite but I have to say, BIL’s combo was just as good.

1 Like

Really like the suggestion of a build your own pizza party…something to float by the wife. Thxs.

French bread pizza. Sliced a large loaf in half lengthwise, spooned homemade vodka sauce on each face, topped with saute onions. mushrooms, zuchinni, roasted peppers and grated provolone cheese. Bake until toasty/melty good then topped with fresh, chopped parsley and basil.

1 Like

Watched this clip this morning and I’m not sure how many I’d like to try yet there are a few on my list;

Wow @Rooster if you wanted a pizza thread to cycle every few years, @Olunia has done the work for you this time! We have pizza on tap for wfd today, if I don’t get too tired. My husband used to make a nice dough but now I find the dough a great way to use up sourdough discard. Since it’s “my” discard, I make the dough too. We are absolutely use up the fridge pizza people. Almost every pizza has part tomato sauce and part evoo or pesto, since my older son doesn’t like cooked tomatoes. One topping that surprised me with how tasty it was is TJ’s soyrizo. Previously, I had only used it in chili and breakfast burritos. It is wonderful on pizza. I have some of that today, as well as some baby cauliflower that I’ll pre-roast. Likely just mozz on top.

1 Like