Brewer’s Fork [Charlestown, MA]

Another fine visit to Brewer’s Fork yesterday, a very hot day, indeed, so maybe that kept people away? We showed up around 1:30 pm and got seated right away. The Marge for Spring Onion, the wonderful Mexican corn pizza (delightfully lime-scented) and wild mushroom congee for me and B. Someone in the kitchen knows their way around congee - reminded me of something homey and surprisingly, even B liked it (it’s usually not his jam).

I learned that Dovetail is a sister restaurant to Brewer’s Fork. After lunch, we stopped by the USS Constitution and Dovetail. Grabbed some wine, beer, and bread at Dovetail just to continue that lovin’ feelin’.

Edited to add: Sorry about the continuing rotated photos. Don’t have time to fix them.

9 Likes

That all looks so good, sideways or not!!

1 Like

Very nice. That congee looks intriguing – almost on the way to risotto.

3 Likes

I never knew about this place, but it looks interesting. What’s parking like?

We have never had an issue parking on weekends (during the week, the immediate area is resident-only).

1 Like

Thanks.

There are some metered spaces close by for non-townie parking; we never had much trouble even on week nights pre-pandemic going relatively early. And they have a small lot at the back, or used to…it may have been turned into an extension of their patio dining area.

We’ve enjoyed Brewer’s Fork many times since they opened. Interesting menu that changes frequently including good salads, vegetables, apps including the meatballs and often an app featuring crab or shrimp.

5 Likes

Thanks. The question now is, when will we be able to get to Boston? Europeans are not allowed into the US at present.

1 Like

Dude, that made me giggle. You’re not even freakin’ in Boston right now?! And you’re asking about parking? Spoken like a true Bostonian!

7 Likes

A former Bostonian.

3 Likes

Wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner and beers last night at Brewer’s Fork. As always, the beer selection was superb, one of the best in Boston.

Simple meal of salad and pizza. The “flatbread salad” is really just Fattoush. BF’s version had a nice mix of ingredients but suffered from slightly too little dressing and too many pita chips. It was almost there…

Pizza was the star here - really really good. We went with half Marge and half Rockin’ Roni’. Excellent firm and flavorful crust with a nice dark char, loved the toppings, a winner and better than I remember their pizzas being

Washed it all down a Resissdorf Kolsch and Ayinger OFest.

7 Likes

I’ve never had a bad meal or experience there. The owners are friendly and give a crap which translates into a reliably good experience with well above average food and a very well-rounded, solid and worth traveling to draft list that will appease most beer nerds. Glad you enjoyed!

4 Likes