Breakfast in Canal St. Martin area?

Any recommendations for an early morning (8-9 am) breakfast in the Canal St. Martin area on Easter Sunday?

Thanks in advance!

Marche Bastille…oysters?

For the most part, Paris is not an early morning city , especially at weekends, and so I suspect very limited choices around the Canal Saint-Martin at around 8 or 9am. And the best place for breakfast pastries, Du Pain et des Idées on rue Yves Toudic is closed at weekends. If you want some sort of place overlooking the canal, I suppose prime hangout Chez Prune on quai Valmy and ultra-touristy
Hotel du Nord on quai Jemmapes would be fine for breakfast although I have no recent experience at either.

In the surrounding area, I really like the breakfast pastries and coffee at Ten Belles (very limited seating) and Pâtisserie Boulangerie Liberté (very limited seating inside but, in good weather, more outside tables).

Although I’m not a vegetarian, I much enjoy the setting and the Sunday brunch buffet at IMA Cantine (vegetarian) on quai Valmy. I notice they open at 8am but I doubt if full service is available until 10 or 11am.

Not sure what they serve in the early morning but La Fontaine de Belleville is a new-wave “coffeeshop” (opens 9am) at that serves a very good brunch from 11am or noon.

2 Likes

La Chambre des Oiseaux closed years ago.

Well, there you go, shows you how long it’s been since I was last in Paris.

Very important input! I’ve spent many hours cooling my heels at destinations that opened hours after our arrival.