Bread at H Mart/Tous Les Jours Hartsdale, NY

I have been enjoying the Italian/French loaf from Tous Les Jours. It combines some of the lightness of a Vietnamese bahn mi with the size of an Italian hero loaf, so it is capacious and, yet, light and crispy.

I don’t like anything else I’ve tried from Tous Les Jours, but this bread is a winner. Highly recommend if you prefer something less dense and bready than the typical Italian hero loaf.

1 Like

We really like their blueberry cake, light and not too sweet
loaded with blueberries. I have not cared for any of their other cakes. I think I
remember liking their brioche.

The Italian/French loaf you are describing sounds great, thank you for the
recommendation, looking forward to trying it.

I can’t find one of my own pics, here is one I lifted from the internet.

Hope you enjoy the bread!

If the bread pictured is the one you have described than yes…we have enjoyed it.
In fact a little too much… I had to stop buying it. I had completely forgotten about it
Throwing in a cake slice pic too
They changed the shape of the cake

Yes, that’s the bread. I’m moving to Chicago in a few days, so no more HMart bread for me!

Oh no…our loss
I hope you love Chicago as much as I do
Best to you

Sorry to see you go, but enjoy Chicago. They have some great food! Well, except the pizza - I AM a New Yorker!

1 Like

Amen

Thank you so much for your kind words! I do love Chicago, and look forward to posting from there.

1 Like

Thank you so much, and agree about the pizza (altho’ I’m afraid deep dish is sorta growing on me and Malnatti’s is around the corner!

2 Likes

You just have to think of Chicago-style as an entirely different food! I love both, for different reasons. And I’m SUPER jealous of anyone who lives around the corner from a Lou Malnati’s - they’re my favorite of all the deep dish chains!

1 Like

Got it. Cause it ain’t pizza!!! :wink:

What’s different about Lou Malnati’s?

1 Like

I don’t know that there’s anything intrinsically different about Lou Malnati’s, I just prefer the texture of their crust and flavor of their sauce and sausage to the other places I’ve tried (Gino’s East, Giordano’s, Pizza Capri, Uno/Due, etc.). Some places also add a top crust to the pizza (a thin layer of dough over the cheese, then the sauce on top of that dough), and I don’t care so much for that. Lou’s covers the pizza completely with a sausage frisbee so there’s sausage in every bite, and I DO care VERY MUCH for that!

1 Like

There are three H-Marts in Chicago. I stopped by one last time I was there.

1 Like