Borscht Belt Deli, Stockton NJ

I’ve never heard of this place, but my chef pal went and is raving, so I figured I’d share. Anyone been? I want the Banh Mitzvah!!

Borscht Belt Delicatessen

8 Likes

Love how he’s named the specialty fish sandwiches after famous Borscht Belt hotels, including The Concord, which is where Mr. R. and I met. Also, everyone driving up from NYC to the Belt area always stopped at the Red Apple Rest to refresh and get something to eat. Too bad Stockton is so far away from us as I’d love to try this place.

3 Likes

Mom and Dad honeymooned at the Nevele. We spent every Christmas up there for 7-10 years, mostly at the Homowack or Raleigh. Was another called the Granit?
Couldn’t drink back then but always enjoyed going to The Swizzlesticks Lounge at the Raleigh for the comedy shows! Henny Youngman was my fave.

2 Likes

This is 5 minutes from my mom’s farm! I’ve heard really good things about it. I’ll try to go in one of my trips to her house. If you go, let me know!

2 Likes

The menu looks great! Personally the Henny Youngman would be my first choice–love a good knish sandwich!.
And kudos to naming a sandwich after Mrs. Maisel :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My parents used to go to the Nevele every year!

1 Like

Sad news

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fire-hits-vacant-grossinger-s-hotel-once-a-catskills-jewel/ar-AA10LtIu?cvid=aa96936e70b94ec8b34b3ab5c7436ed8

2 Likes

This place is about 10 minutes from our house. A bit on the pricey side (especially the sides like macaroni salad), but the food is good. The sandwiches have lots of meat. Rumor has it that the planned Newtown location will have smaller sandwich options at a lower price point. I do like their egg creams and they’ve done a nice job fixing up the space.

4 Likes