Border Grill lunch stand [Las Vegas]

While passing by some months ago, I noticed that Border Grill at Mandalay Bay has a little take-out stand across the hallway from the restaurant, with different items. I’d seen the “BBQ Burnt Ends Burrito” on the (very limited) menu previously. Since I was at the hotel on business the other day, I thought I’d give it a try, as I’ve always liked BG’s food. Can’t find that menu online, but IIRC the burrito was stated to contain slow-smoked bbq burnt ends, potatoes, manchego cheese, some sort of slaw, and mole sauce. The meat was excellent - very tender and smoky bbq. Cheese and potatoes seemed fine, mole was undetectable – seemed more like BBQ sauce to me. Tasty all around, except that overall the burrito was a complete salt bomb – one of the saltiest items I’d ever eaten. I opted to finish less than half, because that quantity of salt can cause me some serious medical issues. In all fairness, I ordered it without the slaw, and that may have thrown off the salt balance, although I suspect it would still have been too salty overall with slaw, even if the slaw were unsalted. Too bad – if it weren’t for the salt issue, I would’ve had it again sometime. $16 ± btw. As an aside, they also offered a generous bag of pork rinds for $4, and those were some of the best I’ve ever had.

4 Likes

The slaw probably would’ve just hidden from your taste buds how much sodium was in it. You’re blood pressure doesn’t care about whether you taste it. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m so tired of the rising salt issue in restaurants!

1 Like

*Your. :wink:

1 Like