Bologna lunch!

Hi! We are planning a day trip to Bologna and had planned on Da Cesari, but alas they are closed that day. Any other recs?

1 Like

Vagh in Ufezzi
Make sure to try the crescentine.

Funny. When I saw your subject line, I thought it was going to be a post about places to have my all time favorite bologna for lunch! :grinning:

9 Likes

Can you find bologna in Bologna? Haha, i do love a good bologna with mustard sandwich…

that seems like a fun / interesting place!

For a traditional and classic meal check out All’Osteria Bottega; for something a little more creative in hipper surroundings try Trattoria da Me. And if you want the best classic pastas in a bustling and airy room line up for Sfoglia Rina.

Ooh, you were the second person to recommend Osteria Bottega, so here we go! Have to try the squab dish…

Maybe mortadella?!

2 Likes

Well, our favorites in Bologna were Trattoria di Via Serra, Al’Osteria Bottega and, on the less difficult to reserve and more traditional side, Meloncello.

My godfather is from Bologna. He recommended Diana. I dined there on my first visit to Bologna. I didn’t go to any upscale or memorable restaurants on my second trip.

These were our favorite as well especially Via Serra. Problem is they’ve become a lot of people’s favorite over the years. Via Serra got Michelined, and even reached the top Trip Advisor spot at some point

Good point. Well the pandemic pit all that on pause for a while. Hopefully the out of center location of via Serra has saved them from some of the reviving tourist trade. It was sort of difficult to get into even when they first moved from the country to Bologna. Id be interested to hear how they are doing now.

Dang Osteria Bottega is closed when we’re there :frowning:

We had a really fabulous lunch at https://www.trattoriadame.it/ Trattoria Da me.

1 Like

LOL, I would have suggested Da Cesari. We went there again just before the pandemic not having been there in more than 30 years. The daughter runs it now and it is just as good as it was 30 years ago.

2 Likes

Try Osteria Broccaindosso (Via Broccaindosso, 7/a, 40125 Bologna BO, Italy). Excellent quality, good atmosphere, no pretense, perfect pasta (as it should be in la grassa.

The other place in Bologna I like is outside the circle but close in.
Gigina
Via Henri Beyle Stendhal 1, 40128 Bologna, Italy
+39 051 322 300
If you sit upstairs there is a window into the kitchen and you can see the pasta being made.
The city’s signature dish Lasagne Verdi is really good.

Not Bologna, but I love the photo.

1 Like