Bodega by Salts in Watertown

Well, it finally happened! I got a call back (not sure which of my many texts it was in response to :slight_smile: ), offering a reservation this past weekend. We eagerly accepted and invited some friends to round out the group.

We were seated in the glass/greenhouse portion of the restaurant, which was charming at dusk and absolutely gorgeous in the dark. Service was delightful and extremely thorough.

Nearly everything was “very good” (a big step up from “good” but not quite “great” on my family’s very scientific scale) - especially the mushrooms, olives, and octopus. Our friends liked the flounder, which was not terribly creative but perfectly cooked.

The cocktails, though, stole the show. Each of the 5 that we tried were interesting, smooth, and very different (without seeming trendy or showy). We said that we would absolutely come back for a round of drinks and tapas at the bar.

For those considering going, there were several empty tables at 6pm on a Saturday, so it seems like walking in is feasible. I’m hoping, though, that my experience means that they’ll be responding to reservations and that those of you who have had similar luck will hear back soon!

10 Likes

I’m glad you got to go and had a good time. The strange non-responsiveness aside, I do really enjoy the food and I also found their service to be warm and welcoming when you are there, so I’m glad to hear they are hanging in there and still up and running. I hope it was just a blip for them going dark.

Thank you for the report back!

3 Likes

Glad to hear that it worked out for you! I think it’s nice to have a place you can walk into on the weekends.

1 Like