Bluefish oh Bluefish, where can I find you? Boston, Cambridge or Somerville?

Coming back for a visit in a month and as always, am in search of Bluefish in all it’s glory. Smoked, grilled, crudo, you name it. We are staying in Back Bay and we will have a car. If you know of something special please do tell? Went to Jasper White’s Seafood Shack 2 years ago and enjoyed their rendition, simply broiled. Was disappointed to learn Legal Seafood had taken Smoked Bluefish Pate off their menu, was the only reason I used to go there. TIA

1 Like

No so easy to find. Here are a few places to start:
Mei Mei: Smoked bluefish fritters
Highland kitchen: Smoked bluefish cakes
Loyal Nine: Soused blufish (had it last year, and liked it a lot)
Summer Shack

1 Like

" Was disappointed to learn Legal Seafood had taken Smoked Bluefish Pate off their menu, was the only reason I used to go there."

I was ready to dig out my tattered yellow newspaper clipping of that recipe in case you wanted to try it yourself, but it’s easy to find online:

Of course you still have to locate some bluefish…

1 Like

If you want to roadtrip, Jake’s in Nantasket Beach often has it (call ahead) and does a great job of grilling it simply with a little mustard.

1 Like

Whole Foods carries bluefish pretty reliably, and I think they carry a smoked bluefish spread. The Fishmonger in Cambridge has regularly had a smoked bluefish pate in the past.

1 Like

Oh good call, yes their bluefish pate has been great in the past, have not had it in a while.

1 Like

Yes, I remember you’re a Huron Villager of the past.

1 Like

Thank you one and all!

The fish stands at various local farmers’ markets have fresh bluefish, as well as smoked bluefish spreads from the Boston Smoked Fish Co.

1 Like

Puritan and Co has had a really good smoked bluefish pate appetizer on the menu every time I’ve been there. Highland Kitchen usually has smoked bluefish cakes with a spicy mango salsa.

I also like Boston Smoked Fish Company’s spread- you can get it at the Davis Square Farmer’s market on Wednesdays or Boston Public Market any time, and probably a bunch more places.

1 Like

While I’m not a bluefish guy, Sycamore in Newton Center has had bluefish pate on the menu the three times I’ve been there.

1 Like