Blue Diamond Almonds.......

For those of you who are like me and enjoy snacking on almonds, Blue Diamond has assorted flavored almonds that are better than any others I have tried.

From salted caramel, habanero BBQ to toasted coconut they are delicious and very addicting! Try them I bet you’ll like them!!!

1 Like

I remember as a kid, my dad would eat the Smokehouse flavor almonds and I’d always steal a few from his bowl! I bought a can a while back for old time’s sake.

2 Likes

Very expensive here in flyover country. Very. Expensive.

I did just buy a 6 OZ bag of Roasted. Salted Almonds from Wonderful. Had a $1 off coupon. I’m good for the next year or so.

FWIW, according to Dr. Andrew Weil, if you are looking for the anti-inflammatory benefits of almonds, they have to be raw. These are not very flavorful. I used to combine them with TJ’s tamari almonds in a 3:1 ratio, which made for a tasty mouthful. Alas, TJ dumped them ages ago. I don’t care for their spicier ones. I tried to make my own using low sodium soy sauce but couldn’t crack the method. Blue Diamond is too salty for me. So plain raw it is…sigh.

1 Like

I love these too - the Salt and Vinegar, Sriracha and Soy/Wasabi are awesome. They used to make a great Chile Lime but I think those have been discontinued.

1 Like

I just saw tamari almonds at whole foods the other day in the bulk bins.
I can’t deal with raw almonds when they’re so much more delicious roasted and salted- i get plenty of nutrient dense anti-inflammatory foods elsewhere

1 Like

Once in a while i get the smokehouse flavored ones, they’re a bit much for me to just snack on more than a few as is. I like them most chopped a bit and added to salads, the smokey salty flavor really perks up the greens

5 Likes

We roast almonds regularly and usually just eat them unsalted or lightly salted. How’s the tamari compared to salted?

1 Like

Smoked Blue Diamond almonds proved to be an excellent substitute for bacon in last year’s Thanksgiving dressing (when we added a vegetarian to our gathering). I made a separate casserole dish for her, and while I didn’t think it was as good as the bacon version it was certainly tasty and she gobbled it up.

3 Likes

Restaurant Depot carries raw almonds whole, sliced, slivered or chopped for about $20 for a 3.8# bag. We use them in Granola & other stuff. I can’t stand buying that sort of thing in the grocery store. The prices just kill me.

1 Like