Blount Clam Shack [Warren RI]; Big Feeling ice cream [PVD; Warren pop-up]; Buzzards Bay Brewing [Westport MA]

Because of the bad weather on Sunday we decided to celebrate Father’s Day on Saturday. We met my parents down at Blount Clam Shack in Warren RI which is an old favorite of ours. Even though we met on the early side around 12:15 PM, the line was already starting and didn’t let up the whole time we were there. I remember the days when we could show up at 1 PM and they were still not too much of a line. In any case it was very windy, but we enjoyed the al fresco meal. We split two giant lobster rolls, whole belly clams, and of course very good french fries and onion rings. Spring onion enjoyed his foot-long hotdog. I must say the lobster meat seemed a bit stringier than usual, and fewer chunks which is my preference. But I can’t complain - it’s such a great chill scene. Of course I forgot to take photos.

Afterwards we checked out a new shop on Water Street called Island Boy (I’ve been following him on Instagram and was eager to visit). Big Feeling ice cream from Providence was doing a pop up and the toasted coconut / galangal / lime leaf ice cream was superb.

We parted ways with my parents and we decided to head to Westport MA since we were kind of in the vicinity. A very pleasant stop at Horseneck Beach was followed by some very fresh beer at Buzzards Bay Brewing. Fancheezical food truck and oyster shuckers were on-site but we were still full from lunch. It was a very nice day.

3 Likes

Sounds fabulous and it was such a pretty day for that type of excursion!

1 Like

My kind of drive! Thank you for raising our RI IQs.

1 Like

You’re very welcome (just because I didn’t use “very” enough in my original post). Crimey!

1 Like