Blind taste test of the "Big 3" fast food burgers..............

If you were correcting me, please re-read my post as I didn’t say In-n-Out was national. If you weren’t … carry on! ;o)

I wasn’t correcting you. I was just saying that Carl’s Jr is very good. There are some chains which I considered to be better, but they are not really national, like In-N-Out.

LA is 1-2 hours away depending on traffic. Vegas is close to 3x the investment in time and a lot safer for my wallet. ;o)

Was there ever a Carl’s before Carl’s Jr.? Obviously the Jr designation is generally used to indicate a 2nd generation. Assuming there was no Carl’s I wonder if they call it Carl Jr’s after that Jr guy from the “other” site!?!?!?! Rumor has it he was a juicy hunk of prime beef, would make all the sense in the world a chain would want to name themselves after a guy like him!!!

Never understood the draw of Bobby Burger Haven. I mean I was “crunchifying” my sandwiches since I was 6 years old, what’s the big deal? I also “bugerfied” some of my food back then as well, don’t think that wouldgo over so well now a days.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl's_Jr.

Sorry. The Jr. came from the fact that Karcher opened ‘smaller’ versions of his restaurant when he started to expand the original Carl’s.

1 Like

Can’t believe everything you read on the internet Midlife!!

Yup. Ther IS that.

1 Like

I really don’t care for the crunchifying thing. I don’t want chip on my burgers. I just thought Bobby Burger is quiet a bit better than McDonald burgers. Don’t you think?

I still love In-N-Out.

I have only had one maybe two Bobby burgers in my life, and while I will say they were better than normal Mc D’s burgers or Big Mac. Mc’d’s though has (or had) some angus beef with mushroom swiss combinations that I liked a lot. So I would put it even with the “high end” Mc Donalds burgers, superior to their regular.

That is my official critique.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of Bobby Burger. I only hit chains for their $1 menu. If I’m going to spend real money, an independent place is in order.

Sub-Thread

Ok bbqboy, what is your favorite $1.00 menu burger!?!?!

I’m a JiTB devotee, so usually whatever their cheap special cheeseburger is. They have an inventive and constantly changing cheap menu. And I always get 2 tacos just because.

2 Likes

Perfect reason

1 Like

The ad for those Cheetos chicken fries drew me in to BK. They sounded like a great idea, but were a huge disappointment. Just a branding promo, and no discernible Cheeto flavor. Very orange though. I guess it’ll be another five years before I go again.

2 Likes

It wasn’t horrible, but yeah… I didn’t taste any Cheetos flavor.

Kind of dating your yourself with Gino’s :slight_smile:

Fast food burgers were a special occasion treat and a luxury back then. If we went out to a place that served both burgers and hot dogs, we got hot dogs because they were cheaper.

We ate out all the time as kids. No national chains. My dad had served in the South Pacific in WW2 and was from Texas, so
Lots of Chinese and Mexican and cafeterias and lots of drive ins :slight_smile: I realize now I had a pretty tasty childhood.

1 Like

We had a Ginos in our town back then and as you say it was a big treat. Fast food also spent time on the flat top or broiler while you waited and was served hot and juicy. Now its pulled from a hot box, nuked & the meat is dry. FF were also cooked in animal fat and were much better.

2 Likes