Beyond Szechuan Cottage?

Any kimchi Hana fans here?

1 Like

I love it and used to go at least a few times a year but since I moved away from East Brunswick, it is just too out of the way for me.

heading over to Shanghai bun within the next hour or two.
Any reccos on what to get?

Dumplings in hot oil for an app

Make sure to get the pickled veggies (ask when you get there or you will get the gringo duck sauce routine) theyā€™re free.

Xioa long boaā€¦Def try those.

I like the shredded beef with green beans. Look on the back page of the menu for the good stuff

From my annotated menu:
Steamed Pork Buns (Xiao Long Bao)
Pan Fried Buns
Triple Meat Pot Sticks
Wine Chicken (good for the summer)
Seafood Egg Noodle Soup
Shredded Breast Chicken and Mustard Green Soup
Shredded Beef with Hot Pepper Noodle Soup
Pork & String Beans
Pork & Eggplant
Fish Fillets with Spicy Bean Sauce
Mongolian Lamb (was an on-the-board special, I think)

We havenā€™t tried the Cumin Lamb yet, but we like it at Sichuan Cottage.

(Caveat: we are watching our carbs, so tend to avoid/downrate items that are high in them.)

Has anyone been to the crown palace in middletown? I see mixed reviews, but then again there are a lot of wankers on yelp

Not in a few years. Whenever Iā€™ve been itā€™s been for Dim Sum and no complaints. Dinner once, and it was pretty much what Iā€™d expect. Acceptable Cantonese mixed with American.

We also went there a few times for dim sum, when the people we wanted to go with lived in that area, but I think the Marlboro one is better (for dim sum).

No great loss, in my opinion. I had the worst case of food poisoning from their sushiā€¦ so bad I ended up in an ambulance and the hospital. WORST stomach pain Iā€™ve ever had. Morphine barely took the edge off. Never ate there again.

Itā€™s been empty for a while, too.

Just to clarifyā€“marlboroman is talking about Hunan Gourmet, not Crown Palace.