Best restaurant dishes eaten in 2019?

I got the following link from @BoneAppetite on best dishes in several cities, including New York, Chicago and Paris… thanks for that.

Actually how about you, which is your best restaurant dishes?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-12-13/best-restaurant-dishes-of-2019-new-york-paris-chicago-omaha?srnd=living

1 Like

Difficult question.
We love shellfish and seafood in more than one place, and traditional Italian in Italia and Italian Modern in Milano Michelin Starred Ristorantes …
LA PERGOLA, ROMA - Three Michelin Starred Heinz Beck.
In Barcelona, there are over 100,000 bars and restaurants !
It all depends on what you would like.
Albert Adria, Bodega 1900 and Tickets for vanguard …
Paris: Le Hotel Bristol, *** Michelin Eric Frechon and Hotel Athenée, Ducasse …
So many adventures.
Girona: *** Michelin Starred Joan Roca.
Madrid: Michelin Starred Pedro Larumbe.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

I need some time to look through the photos, and think about it.

1 Like

I lucked out this year with several amazing meals.

My 2 favourite dishes off the top of my head were a plate of white asparagus with hollandaise and new potatoes at Spaten an der Oper in Munich, and a Dungeness Crab salad with coconut and galangal at 10 Foot Henry in Calgary. All 5 dishes at 10 Foot Henry that I shared with my cousin.

I also had some wow dishes at Alan Wong’s in Waikiki and Lineage in Wailea.

3 Likes

Our favorite ristorante in Italia is:

STELLE MICHELIN RISTORANTE 12 APOSTOLI
VERONA
MICHELIN STARRED CHEF MAURO BUFFO.
The seasonal degustations change every season a few times, however, we love all the cartes and wine pairings.
AMAZINGLY SEAMLESS, BESPOKEN SILKEN, EXQUISITELY REFINED FINESSE.

1 Like

IN SPAIN:

Veteran Navarran, Michelin Starred Chef Pedro Larumbe …
61 Calle Serrano - Roof Top
(38 Paseo de La Castellana)
Ruben Dario Underground (Metro - line 5)

1 Like

For the year I would have to go with a couple of dishes from my new favorite restaurant in my area, Semolina in Red Bank, NJ.

The dishes in particular are their home made agnliotti made with both corn and/or peas and their pork chop.

2 Likes

OK, after eaten in many places, and some fancy food that were very good, I think the dish you remember is the dish that really means something. I choose a humble bowl of ramen, we have eaten a lot of ramen these years but this one had a fantastic sardine soup that was rich and intense. I’m not even sure if it was authentic for the Japanese, but it was so good.

Sardine ramen with tamago, oil marinated tuna, fish tartare, tomato confit and a great soup

Kodawari Tsukiji, Paris

6 Likes

Over the years we’ve made a beeline for farmhouse comfort food at Bistro Jeanty in Yountville, California. Our order never seems to change – probably because there is nowhere else conveniently feasible to turn for Quenelles de Brochet and Langue d’Agneau. Last century’s gastronomy and not rarified in ambition, just rarely found these days.

3 Likes

Wow langue d’agneau, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in restaurants! Want to try!! Quenlles de brochet is easier to find.

He has always had it on the menu, beginning at Domaine Chandon across Highway 29.

Michelin Starred 12 Apostoli
Verona, Veneto
Michelin Starred Chef Mauro Buffo

1 Like

Oysters with popcorn, candied green apple and frost ice

Very refreshing.

Eaten in Bistro Mr. Ahn’s Makgeolli, Seoul, S. Korea

2 Likes

This is a toughy. But if I think about what dish my mind’s taste buds keep returning to it would be Fraise de Veau, a special cut of tripe not often on menus. This, at Amarante in Paris.

47081302404_fbc62ab64c
Served in a sauce Allemande with rye toast and briny olives.

5 Likes

BUFFO%20per%20Gioco_36439 BUFFO%20per%20Gioco_36373 BUFFO%20per%20Gioco_36390

MICHELIN STARRED RISTORANTE 12 APOSTOLI - VERONA, ITALIA HISTORIC DISTRICT …
MICHELIN STARRED CHEF MAURO BUFFO.

3 Likes

BUFFO%20per%20Gioco_36390

1 Like

I still remember their tomato soup en croute. That is so decadent!! We have not gotten out there in years :sob:

1 Like