Best Hot Dog for BBQ 7/4

Such a sad state of afffairs

Thanks for that. jiffy’s site says they’re at my Albertsons but I haven’t seen them. Maybe not looking closely enough. I also have a Smart & Final (also listed) very close, so will try there too.

On July 4, for what it’s worth in the Nathan’s department:

2 Likes

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:
In my opinion gluttony should not be rewarded & stay off my lawn

1 Like

Late to the party here (sorry) but as far as dogs that are in fairly widespread circulation are concerned, I have found that Dietz and Watson are very very good, best I ever found. Available both in all-beef and in mixed beef/pork, the latter of which is more true to the historic recipe. Usually available somewhere near the deli, in stores that carry the D&W deli meat line (which means many EC stores that don’t carry Boar’s Head, since it seems to be one or the other AFAIK).

And Joey did it while taking a punch to the gut and then subduing his attacker. Footage is all over if you want to watch.

1 Like

Our entertainment was finding Dr. Lee’s pun fest. You just knew he was going to squeeze out every last groaner. He is some kind of polymath.

1 Like

A little late to this party but I’m just a total whore for that natural casing snap. If it’s natural casing and it snaps, it’s gonna be a 10/10 for me. Such a travesty that this original hot dog form somehow became a rarity.

3 Likes

When in Rome :slight_smile:
Always Nathan’s when visiting Coney Island.

2 Likes

No question

1 Like

Yay! Yay! Yay! Went to my neighborhood Albertsons yesterday and they had Hoffy natural casing hot dogs. Not particularly a fan of the brand but am hoping they’re good. As I’ve posted, this area has been largely void of natural casing dogs.

1 Like

I know the 4th has passed, but I was talking to my friend Eric (of Amazing Hot Dog) today and mentioned this thread… he said he still thinks the Syds dogs that Best sells are the best. Evidently when you go to Best’s retail, you can ask them for the Syds dogs - I didn’t realize that! They also sell the Don’s (also formerly in Livingston) dogs, but he said they’ve made changes to them and he doesn’t like them as much as he used to.

4 Likes

I am fairly certain the spicing of the Syd’s is the same as the other Best’s all beef dogs. The difference is the size, in this case 5 dogs to a lb. For reference your average pushcart style hotdog is usually 10 to a lb. And you are right, among the NJ hotdog aficionados, the Syd’s dog is one of the favorites.

2 Likes

Correct - 5 to a pound! Forgot to mention that.

1 Like

Finally tried them. Boy did I miss the snap of a natural casing! Hoffy is pretty good for taste too.

1 Like