Best "fancy" restaurant in Monmouth county, nj

My vote goes to Heirloom Kitchen. You are not getting better than what Chef Viana is cooking now. As others have noted, the setting isn’t fancy by any means but the food and service are top notch. As for Poached Pear, the food and setting is very good. However, I have stopped going of late as the menu hasn’t changed much since the place opened a number of years back. I usually want something a little different after so many times trying the same things. Others may like familiarity so to each their own.

4 Likes

I feel the same way.

1 Like

I don’t get the love for this place. The food was okay but pricey and the setting wasn’t that comfortable. Also turned me off that they only had one dessert on the menu and if you didn’t like it or they ran out you were out of luck.

2 Likes

Food sounds great but I haven’t been able to get past the prior thread.

1 Like

No Bob, it has been maybe 2 years, but the new diet helped me drop a few pounds. I was around 285 or so when I went to the hospital, maybe 290. Now I’m 217.5 as of a few weeks ago. I might be less by now. I feel weak though and don’t look good…not that I’ve ever looked handsome lol. The issue is a medical condition. :confused:

2 Likes

I hear good things about this joint. The issue is I’m kind of “anti farm to kitchen”

One of my vendors is a big fan of farm to table places and I’ve never had a great meal at any of them.

I am also holding a grudge when I showed up with my kid for Mother’s Day brunch and they told me that they didn’t have highchairs and I should just hold her through the meal. Uh. No.

1 Like

REYLA!!! (And the kiddo would be welcome there…)

1 Like

OHHH this is a good one. Thanks @CurlzNJ !!! Could be my front runner!

1 Like

Go, Johnny, go!

:grin::grin::grin:

I don’t even know what it is!

Are you more Sysco to kitchen then?:rofl:
I get it though. Such places can come across as being pretentious. I don’t get that vibe at this restaurant and I think you would enjoy it.

This place has been on my “try it” list for a while. I hear the paella is very good and I need to give the place a go very soon.

If we are not focusing on “fancy”, the most dependable restaurant in the county is Drew’s.

6 Likes

Dollar for dollar, nothing touches Drew’s. Amazing food at at a very fair price is hard to find.

5 Likes

True very true. I’ve been outspoken over the years that Drew truly sells himself short by not having someone as FOH staff. His food, menu prices etc are all top notch, but service can be spotty during prime time. It drives me crazy because to me his good deserves more, but regardless you are 100% correct.

AND it’s BYO.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fromagerie reboot now The Rumson House

Sorry I’m probably in the minority but I am not a fan of BYO…we like to have a cocktail before dinner…then wine with dinner issue…wife drinks white, I drink red…then I like to have a drink after dinner. with my coffee…BYO is such a hassle for me.

I know people love them for the money saving aspect, but they all fall off my radar especially when thinking of a nice night out at a “fancier” restaurant. They have their place but not for anything special, at least for me.

2 Likes