Best day trip & lunch from Calella de Palafrugell

We will be staying in Calella de Palafrugell for a few nights in June. Anyone have recs for a nice day trip? We will have a car.

Some initial ideas:

• Drive to the Dali Museum in Figures and then head to Cadaques, with lunch at Compartir.
  • Drive to Girona, walk around. Lunch at Normal or somewhere else?
  • Drive to some local’ish coves and beaches, lunch somewhere near the water?
  • Other ideas?

Thank you!

Lots of ideas, but you may just want to choose one, since you just have a few nights–

Dalí Museum, Figueres (reserve), then Cadaqués with lunch at Compartir (must reserve!!)

Girona sightseeing in the historic quarter (Call) with lunch at Normal (must reserve!!)

Cove driving with lunch at the water’s edge at Sa Racassa in Aiguafreda, Hotel Gastronómico Sa Tuna in Sa Tuna or Toc al Mar in Aiguablava (the latter would be my choice for the rectangular paella and chefs love it)

Driving tour of the picturesque medieval villages of Pals, Peratallada, Palau Sator, Ullastret with lunch at Vicus in Pals, Hotel del Teatre in Regenços, Can Bonay in Peratallada, Mas Pou in Palau Sator (a Michelin Bib Gourmand), Ibèric in Ullastret or Mas de Torrent in Torrent (the latter being the most gastronomic, but they have a lunch menu for 39 euros)

Drive to tour the Cap Roig gardens and on to Palamós for the afternoon fish auction with lunch before at La Salinera (Bib Gourmand)

Drive to the impressive Greco-Roman ruins & museum of Empùries with lunch in the medieval hamlet of Sant Martí d’Empùries at Mesón del Conde on the Plaça Major or on the beach at the Hostal Spa Empùries in their Bistrot Del Mar.

Thank you so much Maribel. Are there one or two from that list that stand out to you as favorites?

For dining exclusively, I wouldn’t miss Compartir in Cadaqués and Toc al Mar directly on the beach in Aiguablava, below the Parador. Chefs and professional gastronomic critics love both.

Obviously too late for June, but Compartir is one of my favorite restaurants in the world!
Toc al Mar is fabulous too!

Glad you enjoyed them both!
The 3 chefs of the Cadaqués Compartir (from Disfrutar) have just opened a second Compartir at Carrer Valencia 225 in Barcelona’s Eixample.

https://www.compartirbarcelona.com