Best Bars in New Jersey by County

Reminder: please include [State, City] in your post title above.

I’ve been to a few of these gin mills, including the winner for my home (Monmouth County) Murphy’s cool little place. Fun article.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/02/the_best_bar_in_each_of_njs_21_counties.html

I am so happy that the Boat House in Lambertville made this list. It is such a weird little bar. I was brought here on a date 10 years ago and went last year. NOTHING CHANGED! It was still very odd and filled with old, creaky, probably very dirty, nautical stuff.

2 Likes

I have to question listing Johnnies in Boonton (Morris county) as a runner up … I’m not sure it would be on any best of list for me personally (full disclosure haven’t been there in a few years now, so it could have turned around for sure). Makes me wonder about the whole list. I’ll be curious how many people agree with their county’s bars.

Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Murphy’s, named the best in Monmouth County, is certainly the most unique, not sure about it being the “best”. Food is passable, drinks are expensive, good live local entertainment, wonderful owners/bartenders, and a great classic shuffleboard table.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s very unique regardless what county its located in it’s certainly a one of a kind.