Berkeley BBQ: Please help KC BBQ rebuild!

KC BBQ now has a GoFundMe page to help with the repair costs of that devastating Feb 17th fire. If you’d like to help a great little family business, please do so: https://www.gofundme.com/kcbbq.

KC BBQ
2613 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley

1 Like

KC has reopened! They’re in the former Meal Ticket spot on San Pablo at Gilman, and are doing a soft-opening, lunch only for the next few Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I just had their “small” rib plate, which was large enough for me to bring half of it home for later. They also gave me a taste of really good homemade links. They didn’t ask about heat level in the sauce, and what I got was mild and sweet. I’ll probably just skip the sauce in the future, since I’m not a sweet-and-savory fan.

There’s a giant smoker out on the patio.

I’m glad to see that they’re going to offer breakfast dishes on Sundays. I was a regular on Sundays at Meal Ticket, with my NY Times spread out on the table. They have a “special” corned-beef hash (I didn’t ask whether they cured their own corned beef, but I assume they do), also eggs served with their links.

It was sad, though, that they lost all of their memorabilia in the fire. The walls are decorated with what seem to be old family photos.

3 Likes