BEER (2017-2023) - What did we drink (today/recently)?

For lunch:

For after class:

That’s right. The Champagne of Beers. :wink:

2 Likes

I like it:

4 Likes

I like that one .

Working Man Bewwing Imperial Stout - Livermore, CA.

2 Likes

Yesterday. Only Dutch craft beer. I don’t have much respect for Jopen. They make many many beers but probably none is exceptional. It’s been like this for years and years now and it’s not getting any better. On the other hand, I’m a fan of the other brewer. “Black barleywine” is a new style to me. Can’t keep up any more with all these new styles.

Dry day today, though. I used to drink a beer or 2 every day but since last October I’ve been cutting back drastically. Now every other day, and only 1 beer. ONE :cry:

1 Like

i bet that imperial stout would go well in a cocktail with some kronan’s swedish punsch and some rye

Really? I’m not much for those concoctions.

Revolution Brewing Anti-Hero IPA, good local beer, nice view! (at the bar on the 96th floor of the John Hancock Center in Chicago)

6 Likes

Very beautiful the view.

2 Likes

I once tried to have a drink in that bar! It was not fun for me…I get motion sick pretty easy and don’t love heights. I could feel the buildings sway in the wind and really just wanted to finish my drink and get back down. But, yes, it is an incredible view.

2 Likes

Fantastic view, Mr. Happy! I have only had beers with a view a couple of times but not like yours. In Osaka, Hong Kong’s The Peak, Taipei 101 skyscraper.

I’m into night landing and night cities. Enough that I even made a video clip with only photos of these 2 things.

1 Like

3 beers to start with.

Cheese I brought to share with the pub’s staff.

More beer. The porter is dry and tastes like coffee. I like dry (hoppy even) porters and stay away from sweetish kind.

3 Likes

On this unusually warm mid-February afternoon, I had a Sly Fox Rt 113 IPA. It was a little more bitter than I expected, but was very refreshing.

1 Like

4 Likes

Ska Brewing Dementia Bourbon-barrel aged pale ale.

2 Likes

That does not sound appealing.
Was it tasty?

2 Likes

deleted.

Harpoon The Craic (Irish red IPA, so apparently both Indian and Irish) & Goose Island Matilda (Belgian style pale ale). Liked them both alright, probably wouldn’t go out of my way to drink either one again, though.

2 Likes

Why is it all the beers with a wax seal cost a bit more? A gimmick?

Barleywino, I would give Choc chip cookie dough ale ago. I would give most things a go. Have had beers brewed with chanterelles and shiitake (separately) and they were totally not bad. My brewpub owner/brewer needs to brew one with cheese! (Well, or at least find a way to give it some taste of cheese) :joy:

I keep seeing this Goose Island Matilda beer advert in food/beer mags. I used to drink GI IPA. The supermarkets and bottle shops here have stopped stocking GI stuff, it seems.

1 Like

It is one of my favorite IPAs, along with New Belgium Ranger.