BEER (2017-2023) - What did we drink (today/recently)?

It was a gift. It wasn’t bad but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy one

1 Like

I think if I wanted to achieve the same flavor effect as the chocolate chip cookie dough beer, I would drink some Faretti biscotti liqueur instead

2 Likes

I like chocolate in stouts or porters
But cookie dough is extreme.

1 Like

So, if cookie dough doesn’t cut it, what do you think of this?

5 Likes

Missing the jelly! :smiley:

Or how about this;
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/duclaw-sweet-baby-jesus/196264/

1 Like

Might as well throw Reese’s Pieces in my beer like we used to throw redhots in our Cokes. :wink:

1 Like

Picked this up to go with pizza tonight pretty good. Nice pine/citrus flavor.

2 Likes

:scream: I do like salted peanuts in a coca cola though .

1 Like

Didn’t go to the pub today due to a storm. 3 beers for home drinking, all IPAs. The last 2 were from this week. The 3 IPAs in the middle are Dutch.

Tastes good to me. Mango and pineapple. I was suspicious that it’s sold in the biggest supermarket here so I looked it up… owned by Duvel-Moortgat. No wonder. Everyone has a price. Is double IPA also “imperial” IPA? I would be happy with just IPA.

And the snack tonight. Notice the European spelling “chilli”.

3 Likes

Dutch IPAs continued.

Very nice. Gonna get some more.

3 Likes

I tried a bottle of this a while back, I thought it was pretty good. There was a definite sweet peanut butter flavor. Would go well by itself as a dessert maybe.

That’s a really great beer. Their Beaver’s Milk and Horchata Imperial Stout is also very good

Hirchata is on my list to try.

Got a 6-pack from the same brewery to try. Had the IPA the other day and thought it was not repulsive so I’m going to give this new brewery a go. I picked out 6 different styles and the first one today is a black IPA. For the same price I can get better (black) IPAs but am glad to try this anyhow.

Eur.12 for this 6-pack, but costs eur.2,50 each if you buy less than 6. Rochefort 6 and 12 (next to these beers on the same shelf) costs less than eur.2 each!

1 Like

Drank it with dinner today. At 8.9% it’s a bit deceiving as the alcohol isn’t in your face. Not delicious enough considering all the ingredients (Maris Otter, Caramalt, Crystal 60, Bisquit, Columbus, Centennial, Cascade, Citra, Simcoe, Nelson Sauvin).

1 Like

Went for my go-to Victory Hop Devil.

2 Likes

How do you make the glasses cold? Pour beer in them. :joy: However, the text in German also has another meaning. Something along the lines of victory is within reach so might as well get the bubbly ready to celebrate.

From several different countries today. First time drinking a Swiss beer on tap. I didn’t even drink anything on tap when I visited an old German friend who moved to Switzerland. We got bottles and drank at his house eating a cheese fondue.

Drinking a Hamm’s at the moment . Packing the car for a trip to Mt Shasta .

3 Likes

2 Likes