Because of the Boil Water notice ---- Houston

Wow

#firstworldcountrymyass

1 Like

Kenny and Ziggy’s is closed. I met a friend at Lopez in Stafford today thinking they are out of the zone of danger. They are not, but they were boiling water. The map the city put out is useless, impossible to tell where the exact boundary is.

1 Like

I couldn’t get a map to load earlier. The site was probably overwhelmed. The lists published have also had corrections made along the way. I saw some places in Fort Bend on the first list I saw, plus West U, Clear Lake, but another announcement later took both those off the list because they have their own water systems. I wonder if the info is coming from the city or reporters?

I’ve also seen the statement that the system never lost pressure completely, just fell below a state mandated standard and the warning was mandated by law. This has not been based on samples that found problems. We’ll see more, hopefully, when they start reporting on sampling.

Not a big deal to me. I always have bottled water on hand, though I don’t use it regularly. I think I finished off some water I got from a National Guard distribution point in Sugar Land back during my long power outtage during Ike!

And another thing. Directives say to boil water for bathing. Who the heck has a pot big enough to bathe in??? Dang bureaucrats :rofl:.

Ha! boil water for bathing. I lived in Newport, Kentucky after I got out of grad school in the late 70’s for a very long 10 month stint working as an audiologist for a very crude ENT. I spent most of my salary paying rent for an apartment close to the Ohio river. The tap water was so bad, I had to haul jugs of water to my place in order to make ice cubes, cook vegetables and brush my teeth. I never opened my mouth when I took a shower…

1 Like

Now back to our regular routine —

Boil water notice lifted for City of Houston, nearly 4 hours after final samples were expected (msn.com)

No Contamination detected. Water pressure below safe level for only a few minutes.