Beakfast Sausage, pre-cooked

I’m looking to source a pre-cooked breakfast sausage link (a national brand) that is microwavable. I was recently in a hospital that served a great turkey sausage link that was on par with raw pork links. The supermarket brands I’ve tried (Jones & Banquet) are not good. The Jones sausage, usually a reliable brand, is a “sage bomb”, and the Banquet just plain sucks. I called the hospital kitchen and they told me it was a food service brand not available in retail. I don’t care what type of meat they use, I just want it to taste good. Thanks!

Good luck… 'cause I don’t think I’ve ever had one I would describe as “great”. I have had Jones and didn’t hate them, but prefer Jimmy Dean and Applegate. I have heard reasonably good things about Johnsonville but don’t recall trying them.

Thinking about this a bit more (and this may not be what you want)… one of the Jimmy Dean offerings I quite like is a sausage link on a stick, dipped in pancake batter like a corn dog.

I microwave them just short of the recommended time and then finish them up for a couple minutes in the toaster oven. Served with a small puddle of real maple syrup, I find them pretty tasty.

I have had good luck with the Al Fresco Chicken Breakfast Sausages. Not turkey, but chicken is at least close I guess. For the links, I use a skillet, but they are already fully cooked. You could microwave to heat them up if that is your preference.

1 Like

Those look pretty good… unfortunately not available at the local Safeway.

Sam’s Club may have some pre-cooked sausage patties. I purchased them in the past, but they closed Sam’s Club that was close to me, so I let my membership expire.

Try Johnsonville if its available in your area. We liked the original fully cooked.

Maybe Jimmy Dean’s frozen. just about right.