Bayroot Lebanese Cuisine and Mediterranean Market, Shrewsbury NJ

You have proven to be a worthy HO. So lets get down to business :slight_smile:

The first rule of Greek Club is: you do not talk about Greek Club. The second rule of Greek Club is: you DO NOT talk about Greek Club!

So here is how it goes down…

Never order anything to go. Never order a gyro.

Get the platter and bring some charisma to the ordering line. You will get like 4 times the food over a gyro. You have your choice of meat and that is what they start with. Drop a line, “man I am starving and had no breakfast. I’m ready to feast. Can you load me up with another helping of pork/chicken/etc?” Now that you have twice the meat, they are ready to fill your tin with whatever sides you want. Go nuts! I get like 4 scoops of feta and just go ape shit from here. Double the sauce, extra rice and beans…the sky is the limit. Just act cool and friendly and your ten dollar platter will be off the charts. I literally have them stack it up until the thing is a mountain and stuff is tumbling off the tin. It is several pounds of food…no joke. If you want more pita bread just ask. I eat half and take the rest home for lunch. I pull it out of the fridge, let it warm up to room temperature and feast the next day. So for about 5 bucks a meal you can gorge! Simply ask for a container to go and you have lunch the next day. Again, don’t order to go as you will get a smaller plastic container.

2 Likes

Sounds like the place for me. As soon as I try it, I will let you know. Thank you for the tip!

I hope you got the humor there and know where it is from lol

I hope I don’t have to post a Brad Pitt pic

2 Likes

For another great Greek place down on 35 in Ocean Township across from Wegmans is The Greek Spot. (affectionately known as “The G Spot”. Look at this 1 day on this site and we’ve shown you how to find the G Spot)

A bit different from Greek Eats in that it offers full meals and not just Gyro based like GE. For $12.95 you get a lamb shank, served over a bed of orzo with a house Greek salad that you would pay $30-$35+ at any table clothes restaurant. Also their lemon chicken, stuffed peppers, lemon potatoes and spinach pie are all top notch. All of which are all very reasonably priced!! See the threads on each of them here for more info.

1 Like

4 Likes