Barnacle Bill's (Rumson, NJ)

I might have to try that. It is just hard to break away from the cheddar burger! The fried platter is my mom’s favorite. I like that dish.

2 Likes

I have been to BB seven times I think. I got the baked seafood five of those times. The other two were a burger with cheddar sauce and a lunchtime crabcake sandwich (the only thing I’ve ever had there that was just “meh”). Even their fried calamari is excellent and Justin loves their French Onion soup, though he says Sitting Duck’s is the best.

1 Like

Psyched that they offer brown rice. I now plan to hit up some of their Asian-style fish specials.

2 Likes

I wonder how BB buffalo calamari would be? I think they would make it if you asked. I like brothers buffalo squid.

2 Likes

Mmm interesting idea. I’m sure they would make it.

Agree about exploring little of the menu. Over the decades, it’s usually a burger (steak fries) and house salad. Zucchini chips fairly often. Onion rings–another occasional splurge. When they added the homemade dumplings to the menu, I was hooked. I used to love the coho but they removed it from the menu because of the little bones (around the same time as peanuts going). It was perfection and I can’t find anything in the area that comes close. Had an LIT once when docked to dine. Y’all are inspiring me to try one again.

2 Likes

Had their wings last night for the first time. They were absolutely fantastic. The wings themselves had a thick, crispy coating, and the sauce was like a cross between BBQ and buffalo. An interesting hybrid, but it worked. I just wish they gave more than 6 for the price ($10).

3 Likes

Happy local summer! A rainy Sunday calls for a few LITs🙏🏻

13 Likes