Barnacle Bill's (Rumson, NJ)

Ps

Fantastic photo!

Re: the onion soup, assuming the sitting duck serves it the same as The Pour House, with fried onions and breadsticks on top I love it. Well I love the presentation and the fried fizzled onions but the soup itself I think is decent at best.

LIT’S there are excellent I strongly encourage you to do the Uber night, you deserve it! Hell give us a couple days notice and @corvette_johnny and I might join you. (I can not promise you will wind up needing that Uber!) Hey let me sweeten the offer; First Round is on Johnny!!!

3 Likes

I can also agree with Barnacle Bill’s LITs. If I’m not mistaken, their trick is in lieu of tequila, they do double vodka, which personally I think tastes better.

3 Likes

We can load up the odyssey! We just need a driver lol

1 Like

I know this guy who doesn’t drink …

2 Likes

And if he’s not available I do have a driver, just in case the guy you know wants something.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that guy has a small car!!

1 Like

That’s why Dave will captain the odyssey silly! Lol

Dave unfortunately you can’t row through gears though. :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

Last night was the FIRST time I did not wait for a table. Usually I got to BB’s on a Monday or Tuesday at around 6:30 (anticipating waiting an hour for a table-- I cannot imagine that place on Fridays/Saturdays). Last night, we actually got there for 5:30 expecting a large wait on this Labor Day Weekend. All but two tables were taken, but no wait. I don’t like eating that early, but it was far from a tragedy. Bar was packed.

I love the simple, nautical decor. It reminds me of my favorite hangout, Ocean City, Maryland. Seafood dishes can be pricey, but if you are going for burgers, it is $11 with cheese. Not bad at all, especially for the size and quality. And I always tell people that $10.25 may seem like a lot for an LIT but it is worth every penny. Justin was actually shocked that it was nearly clear. He asked, “Isn’t it supposed to be brown like actual iced tea?” and I told him it is because they barely kiss it with Coca Cola, whereas everyone else tries to screw people.

Great episode Jeff! Those were the best days and my favorite years of the simpsons!

So here is the crew on our Barnacle Bills voyage…

Dave is captain of the odyssey
Bob is first mate
Cj is the gunner
Jeff is the powder monkey
This leaves us with 3 more spots in the ship! Curlz, Greg and Justin néed to fulfill the quarter master, sail master, and boatswain positions. Are these pirate jokes hitting home with anyone? Lol.

That actually is a pun based on family guy. This is hilarious!

2 Likes

As a side note, this was me a few months ago trying to replicate their LIT. It tasted good but was to no avail. What a pain in the ass to make. I certainly hope they make it by the pitcher considering they do hundreds a night. That bar is a gold mine.

lit

2 Likes

They make them to order. They do pour a nice drink.

I forgot one local legend and cheeseburger officianidao. Joon, we have room for 8 on the odyssey voyage! Maybe 9 if someone wants to stand between the two front seats and hold the skull and bones flag out of the sunroof lol

2 Likes

Nice interior you have!

2 Likes

Gabrielle Garafalo, from Jersey Bites, did one of her ‘Lady Walks into a Bar’ articles on Barnacle Bills. She enjoyed the ‘full on party vibe’. Food wise wise she enjoyed the shrimp & vegetable dumplings, the fresh sea scallops, and of course the burger.

A Lady Walks into a Bar…Barnacle Bill’s

Great, more publicity for a a spot you can barely get as seat at already lol. Thanks for the article. Do you think she really ate all three of those dishes herself? My hat is off to her if she did. A burger and order of fries is a hearty meal alone.

I love the fact that this place has never fixed what’s not broken (minus the peanuts.) It’s been the same for the past 30 years or more. Same decor, same menu, and even some of the same workers.

1 Like

She ordered a gin and tonic with Hendrick’s?

Two things wrong with that: 1) She is obviously well-researched before she goes to these bars. How could she not order the famous LIT? 2) It always annoys me when people take a good gin (such as a $40 a bottle Hendrick’s) and waste it with tonic. That’s a martini gin.

But that’s just me.

3 Likes

I assure you it is not. My mother orders Hendrick’s martinis, dirty. And then I have to recite the fifth commandment over and over in my head, until I’m halfway through my own martini and can calm down.

3 Likes

Very true, I always keep a bottle of “house” vodka in my bar (svedka) and my top shelf martini vodka (stoli elit). I also enjoy regular stoli and will usually have that on hand as well.

2 Likes

Same. I have Svedka or Alpine Blu (because of the cool bottle), and Gilbey’s or Gordon’s for when I mix with tonic or juice. Then there’s Hendrick’s and Bombay Sapphire for my martinis. I actually don’t have any top shelf vodka.

I truly think that people like that like to order high-end spirits with mixers just so they stand out or seem cool or special. What they are only accomplishing is wasting a lot of money by putting that spirit with something that will render the flavor/purity totally pointless. Not to mention seeming like a dunce to people nearby who know their stuff. If I was a bartender, I’d laugh inside.

One of these days when I feel alcoholic enough, I’ll post a pic of my collection.