Bardot Brasserie [Las Vegas, NV]

I had an early dinner at Bardot Brasserie in the Aria one night on a recent trip to Vegas. Bardot is a French restaurant from celebrity chef Michael Mina. I live in SF where chef Mina has several restaurants, but this was the first restaurant of his that I’ve been to. It’s in a very elegant looking space with tall ceilings and black walls.

Dinner comes with a warm individually wrapped baguette that was quite good and kind of dense. Good butter too.

I wasn’t super hungry and just had a few appetizers for dinner. The main courses were also kind of expensive.

Beef Tartare ($19)
USDA prime filet ground to order, egg yolk, sauce verde, gaufrette potato chips
A very good classic beef tartare. It’s cut by hand and topped with a raw egg yolk. Nicely seasoned beefy tender prime tenderloin. I used it as a dip for the thin waffle cut potato chips.

Foie Gras Parfait ($19)
chilled mousse of Hudson Valley foie gras, port wine gelée, toasted brioche, cornichon
This was ok. The foie mousse was quite good but I thought the gelée was a touch too sweet and acidic, and the brioche was a little dry.

Black Truffle Fries ($14)
Some really great fries.They were fried such that the exterior was light and shatteringly crispy with a tender interior. A dusting of black truffle (oil?) made them even more delicious. Served with an aioli and some ketchup.

Will come back for the fries.

More Pictures

2 Likes

Nice report, I’ve only been to one of Michael Mina’s places - Michael Mina in the Westin SF before it was Bourbon Steak (both now closed).
[I’m just chuckling at your “I wasn’t super hungry” so I just had beef tartare, foie gras, french fries and a baguette. That’s my kind of not hungry eating as well.]

Haha :joy:, maybe I was hungrier than I thought I was.

1 Like