Bar Room, Deal, NJ

Had wanted to try the Bar Room in Deal for a long time. Finally went last night. Quite a cozy, neighborhood feel. We shared a large portion of Mussels, quite good., But, my entrée of Roasted Branzino over garlic mashed potatoes and spinach was a disappointment. The Branzino was perfect but the potatoes were instant.! Not to be expected.

I’m surprised I haven’t posted about the Bar Room on here, but that may also be because we’re trying to keep it a secret! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I agree that it’s cozy and local, and I’ve learned that if you stick to the burgers and tuna tacos and salad, you’ll have a terrific meal there. Sadly, their sister restaurant (the Elbow Room, which is much larger) in Bradley Beach was a disappointment both times we went. That said, chefs change, so it could be worth another visit at some point…

We are happy to keep this place a secret as well. Elevated pub food, fantastic staff, in the last place you’d expect to find an old school watering hole. Discovered this place a month ago and have been there four times since. Legit.

6 Likes

Love that place ! Cozy atmosphere and incredible food :hamburger::beer:

4 Likes

If you’re looking to check out Bar Room, as I was earlier this week, be advised that they are on winter break until March 1.

3 Likes

You’ll not find a more perfect cozy watering hole to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon in anywheres else in these parts, and great chow to boot. Cauliflower app, lightly crumbed up with peppers and parm, seared tuna steak burger, and a pork milanese, all delicious.

6 Likes

Haven’t been there in far too long, but it’s always been a favorite!

2 Likes

That pork milanese looks amazing !!

2 Likes

Finally made it here last month. The secret must be out as they were slammed. Had a fun time and a solid meal.

1 Like

Oh, they’ve been slammed for the 7+ years I’ve lived here…

1 Like