Bangladeshi Cuisine at Korai Kitchen, Jersey City

@goodparmesan to the courtesy phone…

Let me state up front that I know nothing about this cuisine. BUT… when (Top Chef Masters winner) Chef Floyd Cardoz raves about a restaurant, I know it’s good. I’ve spent some time with Floyd at his former restaurant Tabla (SNIF–still miss it) and at North End Grill when he got it up and running, and suffice it to say, I trust him implicitly! This was his post on Instagram today:

floydcardoz
"BANGLADESHI CUISINE. I am always asked where one could get a good home Indian meal and my standard responses is my restaurant or my home. Lastnight I enjoyed a meal @koraikitchen with @bcardoz It felt like we were dining in someone’s home. The food conveyed the passion and warmth of Mom ( Nur-E Gulshan ) and the hospitality was served up by @nure924 ( Nur E Farhana) If you haven’t eaten here yet you should. It’s home style food that you won’t find in any restaurant. Mother and daughter love to share their food culture with their guests. They do not compromise and serve standard Indian restaurant food. They keep it true to their home. Simply amazing "

Here’s their website:
https://www.koraikitchen.com

2 Likes

Glad to see a successful Bangladeshi restaurant, which is certainly an overshadowed cuisine.

The general opinion about West Bengali or Bangladeshi food I’ve heard before is that they’re not known for their cuisine, outside of fried fish and sweets, which of course sounds ludicrous.

Hope to check it out sometime.

1 Like

Oh man this sounds great… definitely on my list but I never make it to JC any more… @goodparmesan do you do delivery on your food reviews?

2 Likes
2 Likes