Bangkok for 5 days?

We’re five days in Bangkok and then five in Singapore. While there’s a recent thread about Singapore, most of the Bangkok threads are 2+ years or older. We like everything, especially interested in curry, soft shell crab, mee krob, seafood pancakes, pad Thai, roast meat (pork, duck, chicken, suckling pig, goose), open to anything and everything, willing to take Uber/taxis. Not willing to queue for more than 15 mins.

Some questions to start:

Best,

You will still find outdoor markets in the morning. But Bangkok’s been hazy the past couple of weeks. I’d recommend you visit IconSiam where the food hall can keep you occupied for weeks!
I also found fresh lotus pods containing edible seeds there - something I’d been searching for months without success from outdoor markets in Malaysia.

http://www.bangkok.com/shopping-mall/icon-siam-shopping-mall.htm

From your hotel, take the BTS one stop to Saphan Taksin station. Get off and walk towards the river - you’ll find the free boat ride that’ll take you to IconSiam. It’s a short but very scenic ride.

peter, thanks for this and your other wonderful posts, we didn’t get there but will next time! we’re off to singapore tomorrow, looking forward to trying some of the places you recommended.

best,

1 Like