Baillotte Paris 6e

Baillotte is a small self described “Semi-Gastronomique” restaurant on Rue du Dragon in the 6th. I saw a review on Sortir a Paris that intrigued me and then noted that Gault-Millau gave it a 13.5 rating.

The chef is Satoshi Amitsu (x Georges Blanc). Their 3 course lunch menu for 39€ is an absolute steal. The day we went, I had a smoked mackerel entree and my friend had beef tartare. Our plats were a chicken and a fish dish. All four dishes are listed on their website menu in lovely French so I will spare any more description. At the restaurant, they also have an English menu.

We were seated in a fun crowded downstairs space but it appears there is also upstairs seating. FOH and staff are delightful and welcoming.

The clientele ranged in age but was a casual group. No business suits, about half Asian.

I’ll be posting more details about places after this week in Paris but will say that the places I have loved so far have been Baillotte (and going back there again before departing), Géosmine, Oktobre and L’Apibo and Qui Plume la Lune. L’Apibo at dinner, Oktobre and Baillotte at lunch were full which created a lively dynamic ambience.

If you enjoy French/fusion, as I do, definitely give it a try. Hopefully you’ll enjoy the place as much as we did.

5 Likes

Merci @Kjtravels…you are again in Paris just ahead of me! Taking notes.

True, same as in March! More to follow.

I dug it in June.

1 Like