Back to Key West

The weather suddenly turned cold here, so I’m eagerly looking forward to our trip to Key West. Is there anything new (since last year) that you’d recommend – or once-good places that you’d now recommend avoiding?

Sad to report that the Conch Shack was living on its reputation this past Spring. Oil change was long overdue.

2 Likes

Sorry John I don’t know of anything new. But I’ll join BoneAppetite’s negative response re Conch Shack. I haven’t there in a few years, but thought the same then; all I could taste on the fritters or breaded conch fillets was the oil.

1 Like

I don’t know if your trip has come and gone but I just got back from Key West (bike trip - biking sucked BTW) and hands down the best food we had was at The Docks Restaurant and Raw Bar on Stock Island. Highly recommend but you’ll need a car or Uber as it is not near downtown KW. Excellent fresh seafood sans breading, delicious in-house made sauces, splendid ceviche of the day (tilefish on our day), charming location right on the dock.

1 Like

I’ll add it to the ever-growing list. There are lots of Good places in Stock Island

1 Like