B2 Bistro Red Bank, NJ

The best at Nikos is the whole grilled fish with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. But everything’s pretty good as I remember.

1 Like

won a gift card here fro ma raffle at the little one’s school - been meaning ot try- had heard good things, but that was early on- wouldn’t surprise me if they went downhill as buzz faded a bit and margins tightened…will prob just go for a cpl drinks and an app or two…will avoid clam pie…I go to SI for that…Lee’s Tavern…

1 Like

Jr., I’d be happy to give you my input though keep in mind that we eat out way more in NYC than in NJ. I’ll send you my cell number via email.

I’m with you bgut, and found myself doubting my own experiences after hearing from the folks who don’t care for the place. Given, I’ve only been a few times and have had the burger, but tasted others mains. I think they do a great job with the burger, personally. You can taste the age in it. There are different cheeses available other than American. For apps, the octopus was a good representation on our last visit, but the savory doughnuts were fantastic. Fried dough and chicken liver pate…simple but real good. Pork belly tacos I would order again.

I’ve never gone for the pizza, so I don’t have an opinion there.

2 Likes

I agree @tomt. You gotta love that burger “funk”. No cheese or condiments for me. I just want that unadulterated taste of the burger.

1 Like

Menu can be hit or miss, some things like the burger are better, the mushroom flat bread is also good. We’ve not been as enamored of the steaks and some of the specials especially at their price point.

And it is loud and some of the other patrons can be a little obnoxious and front of house has messed up our res a couple times, so we really don’t view this as a fine dining experience. It’s more just an expensive place that’s a little better than average for down here.

Unless of course you’re into drinking, cause it seems a fair amount of that is going on.

1 Like

So I haven’t been to B2 Bistro in about two years, but BOY am I ever so happy I went back for a post Christmas early “linner” . I started with an extra large shrimp appetizer , served in buttery garlic spicy sauce! So tasty. I then followed that up with a bacon cheddar burger, served a perfect medium which was accompanied by an overflowing cone of delicious French fries . It was perfect… can’t wait to go back .

12 Likes

Although not a fan of their brand I will say that looks pretty good!

1 Like

Definitely worth visiting again …

1 Like

We had a very tasty dinner here a few days ago . Stumbled into it being restaurant week (didn’t even realize this was still a thing). Anyway. Pricing was really compelling to do that as we both wanted mains that were on that and it was only a few dollars more to do it. Service was a little off.

7 Likes

Sorry out of order but apps. Burrata and scallops. Mains chicken and scallops. All the food was quite good

4 Likes