August trip to New York City

Ok I want a refund for my portion of this trip!! You are NOT living up to our expectations!! No picture of the duck noodle!?!?! What the quack? :rage: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

:disappointed:
You can see a peek in the Vietnamese pork chop photo and the fried rice photo.

1 Like

You are welcome. Have a fabulous trip !

This is surely an epicurean excursion !

Have fun.

1 Like

And also to see daughter :grin:.
Here’s a view from her balcony in the direction of restaurants we might try.

6 Likes

I loved Pam! Its khao soi was amazing. I like Viv too - of all the 9th Avenue HK spots. Not a huge fan of Pure Thai Cookhouse like most on the boards are. Wondee Siam really went down hill. Used to be my top choice.

2 Likes

I agree on both counts. Wondee was fantastic until it wasn’t. I really miss Esanation in addition to Pam - they did a good job with the standards and offered a really fantastic Northern Thai sausage appetizer that I haven’t found elsewhere.

2 Likes

Brunch at Sanford’s.

8 Likes

Greek is the frequent answer, but there’s a lot of diverse food there these days - Egyptian and Ethiopian among others, plus the creeping-over-from-nearby south asian and chinese.

3 Likes

I had a fish curry there once that was (until then) the hottest thing I’d ever eaten.

I’m driving myself crazy trying to remember the name of a short-lived (I think it closed in the last three years) but excellent Thai place, east side of 8th Ave. in the 30’s or 40’s. The menu was mix & match - choose two dishes for $17 or something crazy like that. I had a crab curry there that I want RIGHT NOW.

1 Like

Talad Wat - across 9th from Pam

2 Likes

Begs the question…

1 Like

YES! Thank you.

1 Like

Yum Talay at the Asia Mall in Bangkok.

1 Like

I’m in Koi and everyone’s alarms are going off with a severe thunderstorm warning!

1 Like

First dishes at Koi. Mostly the usual sushi and sashimi suspects, although I’m used to seeing rolls wrapped in green nori, and these seemed to be wrapped in a sort of rice paper.

We got cooked entrees later.

9 Likes

Stay dry! Our building staff is squeegee-ing the first floor. And the subways are shut down (you probably already know this).

3 Likes

@shrinkrap

So sorry to hear this horrendous news.

Stay well …

1 Like

Stay safe!

2 Likes

Eh, we’ve been through it before. I was here for Hurricane Sandy. At least this time the East River didn’t come right up to my building lobby.

4 Likes

It was a big mess up here in Westchester! Here’s the view from my front porch (luckily none of those cars are mine!).

I hope you guys are on a high floor and were nowhere near the subways last night!

6 Likes