Asbury Park Shake Up

Confirmed prank…Asbury Park Brewery is in on it too.
I’m NEVER one to perpetuate this stuff so my apologies!

Sackman Whiplash meet your new tenant:

En Fuego, Baby !!!

Is that the new “Eeuuwww” ?

Depends on the day…

Ugggghhhhhhhh, I’ll take that as a yes.

You know Asbury would be lucky to have a restauranteur of Guy’s stature open up here.

It would certainly give the place a lift PR wise.

And from what I’ve heard about his food it couldn’t be too damaging, considering the state of things.

It reminds me about that old joke:

The dumbest farmer in Sweden moved to Norway, and the average IQ of both countries went up.

1 Like

Ugghhh…I don’t get it.

In brief retrospect - the entire hoax strikes me as a cheap and effective survey of attitudes in this area. Launch the hoax; monitor the Internet; profit.

How would a restaurant from guy hurt a struggling town? I don’t see how it would be a bad thing. The dude is laughing all the way to the bank and I’m on my couch having a beer lol

What would people say if Johnny Trigg or Myron opened up a spot?

So what if the smartest farmer in Norway moved to Sweden and the IQ of both countries goes down.

Or guy furryhairi moves to Asbury?

Guy scouting the wilds of Asbury for a new locale:

After all, it couldn’t be worse than another McCloones…

So you know when I first read the title of this thread I thought it was about milk shakes.

Any good milk shakes in Asbury?

LMAO…now that’s funny!!

He would add another mediocre restaurant to a town that already has plenty of them AND he could start the “commerciation” of the town. The last thing I want in AP are businesses that can be found in other places. I don’t want Carlo’s Bakery, West Elm, or Chili’s either. If Batali wanted to put an outpost of Otto, however… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As a friend pointed out, AP only has the volume of people to support a place like that in the summer–and even then, it’s a lot of 20-somethings who spend $ on drinks but not nearly as much on food. The year-round population of AP alone can’t support some of the big name retailers.

Of course we could always just shake it off:

1 Like

McClones on the prowl:

Up all night to get lucky, ready to lease for one bucky…

They strike:

Now that’s what I call well toasted…

Guy’s Camaro after some tough love from the McClones:

And another very “successful” Monmouth restaurant is formulated.