Artie's City Island hosts 'Billions' shoot! NYC

Artie’s Steak & Seafood Restaurant on City Island in the Bronx was recently the site of a shoot for the upcoming Showtime TV series “Billions” which will premier January 17th. Starring in the new drama that focuses on the world of high finance are: Golden Globe award winner Damian Lewis, previously of “Homeland”, and award winning actor Paul Giamatti.
Artie’s cooked up a storm for the cast and crew throughout the day. Interesting how they remade the restaurant just for the shoot, then put it back together again.
The cameras must have Artie’s in focus: they had previously assisted during the 2010 shoot of ‘City Island’, the movie, and two episodes of 'Basketball Housewives". By the way, restaurant is darn good, too!

Was enjoying some of their latest appetizers the other evening in their bar/lounge when the owner Spiros came around and told us their ‘Billions’ shoot will air on Sunday, Feb. 28th…they are thinking of making a party out of it.

Sorry, but the episode that included Artie’s entitled: ‘The Punch’ actually aired last night and is now in repeat if you want to catch it. By the way, the following scene took place at Babbo…

Dining alert! I visited Artie’s last night for the Soft Shell Crab. They are finally here! And it was delicious, plump, meaty, and served with sautéed spinach and mashed potatoes…

Had some tuna poke at Artie’s last night. They have picked up on the poke wave and it was delish!

Heard yesterday that the owner of Artie’s, Spiros Chagares will be marking his 20th Anniversary on City Island with a pre-Thanksgiving party on Wednesday, Nov. 23rd. starting at 7 pm. I was told it will include a free buffet, live entertainment and cash bar all night…sounds like a nice start to the holiday weekend. The public is invited…

While paying a visit to Artie’s on City Island last night I was told the restaurant has the distinction of being the only establishment listed in the Bronx for NYC Summer Restaurant Week 2017. They will be offering a 3-course luncheon menu for $29, and a 3-course dinner menu for $42. Took a look and they offer great choices right now…Restaurant Week runs thru August 18th.